Switch question - 8 dual LNB's to 3 receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

thisBUDsforyou

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 9, 2007
I saw a thread asking about 1 dual LNB to 3 receivers. How about 8 dual LNB's to 3 receivers? Can you use Ecoda 22 khz and diseqc switches in combination with multiswitches somehow? What order do the switches go in? Thanks in advance to the switch experts.

yep...pretty much what Brent said

Hook 2 LNB's to a 4x4 multiswitch. This gives 2 LNB's to 4 boxes
Repeat 3 times...now you have 8 LNB's
Hook one output from each multiswitch to a 4x1 diseqc

setup would be
port 1 22k off
port 1 22k on
port 2 22k off
port 2 22k on
etc :)

library of wiring diagrams ?

The eight LNBs would all need to be Standard, and no Universals.

If you did need one Universal LNB, that could be accommodated, but ....
...then you'd be limited to seven LNBs.
...one of the switches would be a 2x4 instead of a 4x4.

Say, what about a library of wiring diagrams for the more popular configurations?
Eight LNBs to four receivers certainly sounds like a common layout.

setup would be
port 1 22k off
port 1 22k on
port 2 22k off
port 2 22k on

I would like to see this configuration in more detail. Would it go like this:

LNB 1 port 1 22k off
LNB 2 port 1 22k on
LNB 3 port 2 22k off
LNB 4 port 2 22k on
etc.........

Thanks.

setup would be
port 1 22k off
port 1 22k on
port 2 22k off
port 2 22k on

I'm thinking seriously of replacing my motorized setup with a Torodial 90, feeding 3 receivers.

Is there a picture of exactly how the LNB's connect to the 4x4 switch? In looking at the inputs, I am a little confused as to how to wire everything up.

I am also interested in exactly how each 4x4 is hooked up to the DiSEqc switches and how the receivers are programmed for each position.

I am curious how each position on the rail is wired into the switches and then referred to in the receiver.

It seems like it would be somewhat complicated thing to get setup, especially if you would need to do a factory reset which would entail repeating the setup exactly!

Seems to be a daunting task, and I am somewhat of a newbie which is why I need pictures!

Thanks

Iceberg hooked up something like you describe, last year out on his deck.
I think when he was first playing with his T-90
There's probably a drawing in his thread, 'cause we all wondered how to hook it up, too. - :eek:

Once ya get the hang of each switch, it's not so difficult to understand.
Just a bunch of building blocks, repeated several times.

I'll see if I have something that might help . . .

Is there a picture of exactly how the LNB's connect to the 4x4 switch? In looking at the inputs, I am a little confused as to how to wire everything up.
you need dual LNB's. Each 4x4 multiswitch has 4 inputs labelled
13v, 18v, 13v+22k, 18v+22k
you would hook both lines from the dual LNB to the switch
1 LNB gets hooked up to 13v & 18v
2nd LNB gets hooked to 13v+22k & 18v + 22 k

repeat for all 8 LNB's

I am also interested in exactly how each 4x4 is hooked up to the DiSEqc switches and how the receivers are programmed for each position.
what I do is label the multiswitches 1,2,3,4. I use the same output number from each switch to the same receiver to not confuse me :)

run a cable from the output of each multiswitch to a port on the diseqc. So the 1st output from multiswitch 1 hook into port 1 of the diseqc, 1st output on 2nd multiswitch goes to port 2 on diseqc, and repeat. I make sure to use the same output from the multiswitch so if there is an issue, you know that receiver 1 always has the 1st port of the multiswitch.

Programming is easy
1st multiswitch is diseqc 1
2nd multiswitch is diseqc 2 etc
the LNB attached to the 22k side would be DIseqc 1 22k on

I am curious how each position on the rail is wired into the switches and then referred to in the receiver.
that's up to how you label and wire them :)

It seems like it would be somewhat complicated thing to get setup, especially if you would need to do a factory reset which would entail repeating the setup exactly!
no need for factory reset...its just changing some info in the menus

Check out the review area for the T90

really crappy pic but gets the job done

LNB's are wired into the multiswitch in pairs. The left one is 0k the right is 22k
notice on each multiswitch the 1st port goes ot the 1st diseqc...again to make troubleshooting easier :)

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 402
has nothing to do with the LNB's. The holders have a 3 degree minimum...so you're looking at 4 degrees between them

so something like 74,79,83,87,91,95,99,103,110 or
74,79,85,89,93,97,101,105 (more common)

Roc ms 4401

I am runnig a 4 LNB to three receiver setup with Roc ms-4401 4X4 switches and chieta 4X1 diseqC switches. im getting feed from all the sats but only from the 13 volt side of the 4X4 switches. the receivers are viewsats ultra's and there is about 120 feet of coax from dish to receiver's. any help would be great

what sats ya aimed at?

Have you tried swapping coax for that or even just swapping cables between the 13v and 18v sides?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)