sat dealer in georgia

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yes, actually.
One of our Gold Sponsors is nearby in Marietta, GA .
That's: Galaxy-Marketing.com Satellite Equipment | 1-888-333-5560 | Free To Air - DVB - MPEG2 & MPEG4 Free To Air Satellite TV Equipment
The owner, Robby, is very helpful and will try to find all the compatible parts you need.
Still, it would be useful to discuss your wants/requirements here, to help you get ready to call him.

So, how large a BUD?
What band? C , Ku, both?
Which satellite(s)
Motorized or fixed?
etc.

The fellows 'n gals here can help you prepare a shopping list, if you don't already have one, or suggest additional/alternative solutions.

i haverent had a bud in 25 years so as of right now im lost as to what i need. was hopeing i could talk to someone on here live,to kinda see what all i need. i saw about 10 in peoples yard this weekend while i was out scouting around. i figured i could probably buy one of those. so any help at all would be wonderfull

Just ask around the Savannah area. I'm sure someone will probably give you both their ten footer and receiver. It would be best to try to find one still working -- cut the wire ten or twenty feet from the bottom of the dish and use the receiver to set up your receiver at another location.

You need to make sure not to alter any of the dish adjustments so it will be easy to set up someplace else. Then get it going and replace the old receiver and lnb with newer stuff! Everything's digital now. But you can probably use the old equipment to get the dish pointed again.

I'm 70 miles north of Savannah and have gotten my best equipment used in the lower part of SC. I've got three dishes now I need to go get -- but two of them are way too heavy!!!

Mesh dishes are much lighter and easier to move than fiberglass dishes.

Just run an ad in a paper or on a radio talkshow. Say you'll move it free. Some folks might like to see their dish running again rather than being towed off for scrap!

About half the people I ask say no. The rest say I'll think about it or give them to me.

Happy satellite hunting!!!

Welcome to Satguys

You might also check out your local Craigs List to see what people are offering, often times for FREE (and THAT is always good).

I placed an add on Craigs List about a year ago and several people responded that they had BUDs on their property and if I was willing to remove them, they would be happy. I also picked up a couple of old receivers that could be used for moving those dishes, also all for free.

Good lock.

And BTW, welcome to Satguys.

Photto

A new positioner is 50 bucks. I new combination lnb is about 50 bucks. I new mpeg4 HD receiver is about $200.

I'm running a Pansat 9200 with mpeg4 and dvb-s2 capability. I believe I'm getting about everything you'll be able to get. But it was good bit more expensive.

You really don't have to pay someone a lot of money to help set one up. You can do it yourself and enjoy a wonderful hobby. Besides, you'll get a lot more out of it if you get involved in doing it yourself. You can get a good big dish going for around $500. That's everything -- except the HD tv.

That's a lot less than the 5 grand it once cost to put up a big, ugly dish. And that old money was worth a lot more than today's money.

I saw today on Yahoo that we can all waive goodbye to all those cheap products from China!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Go to X function Positioner

Lost my 410 to a dead battery

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)