Sat. problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Can you be a bit more specific with what your problem is and on what channels? I have been watching SD channels that are on 101 and HD channels from both 110 & 119 without any audio or video issues.

Yes, I am as well. I lose channels on 101 on at least transponder 11. I haven't tried any others. I only just noticed it. I completely lost signal from it for aboot 3 minutes. I'm not having the problem on CNN which is on transponder 10. Anyone know if it's anywhere else too?

yeah, some channels i get searching for satellite signal. its been like this for an hour now. i hope directv fixes it soon.

That's on the same transponder. I'm not aware of any atmospeheric events. It could just be technical. It's cleared up as far as I can tell.

The golf channel on 605 has been acting up in the last hour. Glad its not just me that was having problems.

It was happening here too. I flipped over to channel 250 (The new fox reality channel) just to make sure I got it (although I'm not sure why!). Fortunately, it was having problems like is being reported in this thread. :)

All the channels mentioned are on odd transponders. Any insight from experts? I'm a computer expert not a satellite expert. Could it be a power fluxuation of some kind or maintenance?

For the record, History Channel has been cutting out with a "Searching for sat.." randomly. I switch to another channel and all is well. I have the reciever in the other room tuned to HS to see if it happened to it while it happened to mine (wife is watching a DVD in the main room) and it did. I must conclude that that D* must be having some problem. Clear skies and I doubt that tree grew THAT much (and only blocking the History Channel) since spring.

I had problems as well tonight. I lost 30 and 32 completely, and some of the odd ones were in the 50s. I went out to my dish and found a spiderweb on it. That was removed and the signal is good as new. I thought for once I fixed something around here. :)

About 8:30PM EDT, began losing signal on some channels. Ran through the xponders and the problem seemed to be random but mostly odd xponders. During that time, I called a customer about a service call tomorrow and he told me he was suddenly getting SFSS on 101W. All seems to be fine now.
Anybody inside DTV know what happened? I would hate to think 101W is starting to sputter. I'm guessing the replacement is weeks away from being ready.

In all my time at D*, I don't remember anything like this ever happening. That's not to say it did, but to have a total outage like this? I'll try to get ahold of someone in engineering to find out wtf happened.

yes it still happening tonight trying to watch the SciFi channel it kept going out just before 9 pm EST. glad to hear others have had a problem D* tech's have been out twice in the last week trying to fix that problem on my system..

NFL Network has been losing all audio all day coming in and out... picture breaking up on some other channels as well... off and on in spurts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)