sat signal question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dan188

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
Elmira, New York, United States
i have a 110/119/72/61.5 set up at my home and i recive at 250 with hd, cinemax and starz. i have my locals on 110 am i using 110/119 at all besides for locals?? i have two 722ks and one 222k reciviers in my home

If you are in NY dma, sd locals are on 119 and 110, but HD/mpeg4 sd local are on 61.5 and 72 so you would be getting them anyway. Your 9 day guide and some of the audio music channels are on 77 so if you took off 110/119 you would lose them should you not get 77 in place.

First question is, are 61.5 and 72 on different dishes, or did somebody catch them with a twin (dumb idea). If you do have three dishes up, the best idea would probably be to replace the 119/110 dish with one devoted to the 77 instead of going with EA.4 since you already have an external switch.

with having three dishes one dedicated for 61.5 my tech said im getting a better signal than what he could get with a 1000.4 setup. also i noticed i am getting some hd on 119 or 110 such as hdnet or hdnet movies. is this possible

If you look at the master list
SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - Dish Network Satellite Map

you'll see HDNet as example is on 110 and 72.7
If you are on EA it would be 72.7 and WA its on 110

Since you have a mixed arc (due to Dish's "wisdom" of putting your locals only on 119) when you select HDNet the receiver can grab from EITHER 110 or 72.7

If you remove the 110 side it will only grab from 72.7

does it just pick which sat to get it from 119 0r 72. at random7??

There has been speculation on how receivers pick which satellite to pick up the channel from. The current theory it that it depends which is listed first in the table of channels/sat locations that Dish sends down to the receivers. When Dish updates the list it can move the information around in the table and your receiver might then suddenly pick a different satellite. Dish adds and moves entries in the table all the time.

thanks for the info. one more question what if i loose signal from one of my dishes ie show build up on one of them. could i still get the staions that i usually get from that sat if they are also on another sat i get like if 72 cant get signal due to much snow on it could i get standerd channels on 110/119 like i did befor i had hd.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)