In Need of some Programming Help

dbc105

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 7, 2006
I have just installed a new VIP211 and got it activated. Not an easy job because everyone at DN wants to send someone to your house. Once I explained I had installed the old system back when everyone(me included) was just starting to change over from C-band he activated my receiver. That brings me to the next hurdle. I want to change my programming to drop the 5 Super Station we never watch and add the HD Platinum channels. I have not yet put my new dish up with the 3rd LNB to get 129 but I am planning to install it in the next few weeks once the weather clears up some. When I try to deal with someone online they keep trying to sell me HD Free for Life for $99. First off, I don't yet have a HD TV, I am getting there. One thing at a time. But there is a lot of programming I want to be watching, HD Theater for one is on 110 and I can get it if I can get HD Platinum turned on. I have yet to figure out HD Free for Life at $99. First that is not free and second are these channels not included in the Top250 I already have? Or is it for just the HD versions of the channels I already have? I would think they should wave that for a 14 year customer, especially since they are not having any equipment cost in my upgrade. Can anyone tell me how I can get this done?

Many thanks,
David

HD theater, HDNET, and Encore mystery are the channels included in the HD Platinum package that come off sat 110, Starz cinema and Movieplex come off 119, the rest you will need 129 to view. There are 2 ways to get HD Free for Life (HDFFL): First, you can pay a one time $99 fee. The second option is signing up for a 24 month agreement with autopay and paperless billing. Normally its $10 a month for HD, but if you do the HDFFL, it gives you the same channels w/o the $10 a month fee. If the channel is in the AT250, and available in HD, you would receive that channel with HD subscription, whether that be the $10 a month option, or HDFFL.

Thanks for the reply Matt. I guess you can see my point as I don't yet have the HD TV but I would like to be seeing the programming until I do. I looked at the channels on 129 and it mostly looks like the HD versions of what I currently have. And then once I get a HD TV I can do the $99 for the HDFFL. Can I get HD Platinum added without having to add HDFFL or the $10 a month for standard HD Channels?

Thanks,
David

LOL, nothing is easy is it. Hard to have many post, in 14 years I really have not had any troubles. Let me look around and see if there is anything that I can find to help with since I did my own install.

David

Matt I am going to call it a day and I will get on tomorrow afternoon after work and catch back up with you then and we'll see about the changes.

Thanks Matt,
David

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts