Sat Signals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

erict

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 10, 2008
How do my numbers look? I don’t have any picture or channel issues. I even had a good storm blow thru wed and the sat stayed on during a good rain but finally went out during one hell of a downpour. Also is the signal meters inside these receivers as accurate as the meter the tech uses.

I live in the Detroit area if that makes a difference.

These are from my HR21
View attachment Book1.xls

Last edited:
The signal meters in the receiver aren't really straight signal strength meters. They measure the signal quality using some sort of algorithm. I'l let others explain it.

But, in any case the values you have are low. I get mid 80's to mid 90's for the TPs that aren't spot beams.

Now after I read your response I went and checked my other hd receiver I have (just a standard hd receiver) and here are those numbers

94 to 100

94 to 96

94 to 98

99b

103a

103b
94 to 96

Like I said I’m not having any problems on any channels.

Your numbers are fine; and like you said you are not having any issues even during a storm so don't worry yourself and overthink it. ENJOY your TV.

Your numbers are fine; and like you said you are not having any issues even during a storm so don't worry yourself and overthink it. ENJOY your TV.

Thanks Charper1.
You’re right I’m not sweating it but it’s interesting why the signals show different between my hr21 and standard hd receiver and I have no issues with my channels on the hr21.

So it’s probably safe to say that it doesn’t look like a satellite out of adjustment, right? Also why does my hr21 have bbc’s connected to it and my standard hd box doesn’t? What are bbc’s and why do I need them?

I just took the bbc’s off and re-connected the coax back up and up went the signals.

Tuner 1 and 2 are the same

86 to 88

92 to 98

This sure doesn’t seem like an alignment issue judging by my h23 numbers and the numbers I now get on the hr21 with the bbc’s removed for sat 110 & 119. Does this sound like the bbc's?

Last edited:
H23 is very new and has the BBC built in. HR21 and H21 require BBCs to see any of the 103 sat, all the new HD from last year.

Well I think the bbc’s are the cause of my low signals on the 110 & 119 on my HR21-100. So I will order some from D* and try them. Even though I don’t have any issues with channels, I would just like to see my signals a little higher on those sat’s.

How long does it normally take to receive them?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)