satC Kit Installation Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cspiteri

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
I currently have a 18 X 24 ChannelMaster dish with 2 lnbs. Each has an "in" & "out" connection going to a 4 in 1 out splitter, then down to my receiver. I am wanting to add a Terk satC kit so I can subscribe to DirecTV HD service. The Terk literature looks like the satC lnb has just a single output coax that goes into a 2 in, 1 out splitter. My question is can I add the satC lnb without realigning my dish?? AND, how does the satC kit wiring interface with my present ChannelMaster splitter??
Am I better off just replacing the whole thing with a new Terk triple lnb dish?
The problem is that I have a tile roof and the ChannelMaster mast is mounted directly to the roof with a cement cap. It must be plumb as I have good signal strength on my 2 lnb system.
Thanks for your inputs............

the 2 in, 1 out splitter is actually a combiner. You will need to run the 110 output into one leg of the combiner. You will need to splice into one of the 2 outputs of the 119 lnbf, and insert the other leg of the combiner. The single output of the combiner will go to the multi-switch (this is not a splitter either) in place of one of the 119 lnbf connections.

No, you should not have to re-align your dish antenna, provided mast is plumb and you have good signal strength on 101 and 119.

You also need to go into the sat receiver menu, and select Oval Dish Antenna, 3 orbital locations, or run the auto detect function, so the receiver "sees" three orbital locations.

Alan

Al;
Thanks for your message. Is there another easier way to connect the SatC LNB, like maybe purchasing a different multi-switch??? I hesitate to do any splicing.

There is a triple lnbf setup with an internal multiswitch that you could use instead of the sat c kit. It will be more expensive, and probably harder to find. You can also purchase a new "Phase 3" antenna, which also has internal multiswitch. In either configuration, you will eliminate your multiswitch, and run cables directly from each receiver to antenna (or in your case, from your existing multiswitch to the new antenna).

Best of luck

Al

Actually I have heard that D* has a dish upgrade plan that is very affordable, but requires a one year committment.

cspiteri said:
Al;
Thanks for your message. Is there another easier way to connect the SatC LNB, like maybe purchasing a different multi-switch??? I hesitate to do any splicing.

WHY would you have to do any splicing - the Sat C kit comes with everything you need, including all prepared jumper wires. If you can follow instructions & can screw on coax fittings, you shouldn't have any problems with this modification - it's pretty much a no-brainer...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)