Satelitte 101A & B

Status
Please reply by conversation.

GVBrooks

Original poster
Jan 2, 2007
I have two homes in different locations. One in Pennsylvania and one in Kentucky. When I travel back in forth, I take one of my receivers with me. When I am in Pennsylvania I get satelitte 101A and receive all the channels from the New York area. But, when I am in Kentucky I lose some channels on satelitte 101B. I noticed that my daughter who lives in Missouri can get 101A and she is further west then I am. Does anyone know the reason why I can not get 101A in Kentucky.
Thanks,

1st - WELCOME!

2nd what dish are you using?

There is no satellite 101a and 101b. There is 101 (main satellite) and then depending on your use, also 110 and 119. additionally if you are using a 5 LNB MPEG4 you might also add 99 or 103 to those. And also possible are 72.5 and 95, depending on your DMA (locals) market and if you subscribe to international programming.

What channels exactly are you losing? Local channels will be on spot beams and subject to geographical region; so you can lose locals if you travel just far enough out of your home area.

101A and 101B

The last part of this message probably explains why I lose these local stations. Thank you.
1st - WELCOME!

2nd what dish are you using?

There is no satellite 101a and 101b. There is 101 (main satellite) and then depending on your use, also 110 and 119. additionally if you are using a 5 LNB MPEG4 you might also add 99 or 103 to those. And also possible are 72.5 and 95, depending on your DMA (locals) market and if you subscribe to international programming.

What channels exactly are you losing? Local channels will be on spot beams and subject to geographical region; so you can lose locals if you travel just far enough out of your home area.

We are really only talking about what the receiver "knows" not what is physically in the orbital slot(s).

Status
Please reply by conversation.