Trouble with 99 west satelitte

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Steelworker

Original poster
Jul 23, 2011
simcoe
Hi: I am having some trouble with the signal strengh on sat 99 CA it is very low and goes back to 0 then back up to 40 to 50 mostly on transponders 17/18 . The kicker here is that on 99CB the signal is strength is 85/95 constantly so what do I have to do to get 99CA signal up to a higher level. The channels on 99CA transponder 17/18 keep freezing the channels on 99CB are great.

My eqiupment is receiver-and a slimline 5 dish

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

You've been a member for four years and this is your first post? :)
:welcome to Satelliteguys Steelworker!
Since you are having signal strength issues on the same satellite, it's unlikely to be an alignment issue. Most likely it's the lnb. I'll let the installers chime in on this one for their expertise.

Hold up, 99CA is the new satellite they launched that isn't in regular service yet (no channels coming from it for regular use).

At any time you could get full signal, partial signal, or no signal while they test it.

I just looked and I have six transponders at 93+ and four transponders at zero.

At this point, unless you are missing channels with no signal, stand pat and enjoy :)

no idea if any channels come in from the 99ca, but if you have unused ports @ the LNB that you can try moving the cables over to, that might be a temp fix. the LNB may be on its way out and that might not do anything to aleviate it, but its worth a shot. otherwise the LNB will need to be replaced me thinks.

Hold up, 99CA is the new satellite they launched that isn't in regular service yet (no channels coming from it for regular use).

At any time you could get full signal, partial signal, or no signal while they test it.

I just looked and I have six transponders at 93+ and four transponders at zero.

At this point, unless you are missing channels with no signal, stand pat and enjoy :)
not quite, 99CA has a few satellites, to include DIRECTV 11 and the newly launched but operating normally DirecTV 14. DIRECTV 15 is going to the 103 spot.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)