online activating

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Danny001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2012
Bangor, ME
So I got a new h25 the other day and I went to activate online and it gave me an error saying at i had to call.. so I call and I ask the lady if there is a problem with the receiver or the card and she says "no it just wasn't listed at all for activation. I had to go in manually and enter it in" It was activated shorly after with no issue... what does that mean exactly..? I assumed that any new receivers and cards could be activated and that the serial numbers wpuld already be in the system as unactivated .

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I had to call on mine from solid signal. Good thing was the guy asked me it it was owned, I told him yes and he did the add without contract extension.

I had to call on mine from solid signal. Good thing was the guy asked me it it was owned, I told him yes and he did the add without contract extension.
You might want to look into that .... I don't know of ANY recvrs from Solid Signal that are Owned ....

They DO have in bold print on the website that all recvrs are LEASED.

DIRECTV requires a 24 month (lease) commitment on all activated receivers

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.as...-for-Whole-Home-HD-DVR-Receiver-(HR54)&q=HR44

Solid signal doesn't sell owned Directv receivers. They used to sell the HR21Pro which was Owned.

That's is it.
Ebay you can buy owned,, just verify them before sending them money and Directv sells them.

Dish Network on the other hand, can be Bought and owned from Solid Signal

I know, I did look into it and there as no contract for adding the box. Been 6 months now or so? Still no contract and box is listed and owned. I was surprised as well I figured it would of been caught on some kind of audit.

If they consider a box obsolete,like my HR-22 & HR-23 boxes,meaning they won't take them back if I cancelled service,but I can't sell those boxes. As I understand it,unless it has changed from the last time I ordered a DVR/receiver third party,only a receiver/DVR received directly from Directv can be activated online. Unless recently changed,any new DVR or receiver activated that is not a replacement for a damaged receiver/DVR is an automatic extension of your contract. But of course,that info that I'm giving now may be as outdated as rotary phones.

If they consider a box obsolete,like my HR-22 & HR-23 boxes,meaning they won't take them back if I cancelled service,but I can't sell those boxes. As I understand it,unless it has changed from the last time I ordered a DVR/receiver third party,only a receiver/DVR received directly from Directv can be activated online. Unless recently changed,any new DVR or receiver activated that is not a replacement for a damaged receiver/DVR is an automatic extension of your contract. But of course,that info that I'm giving now may be as outdated as rotary phones.
I think your info is pretty accurate.

Reactions: Troch77
That's is, only receivers send to. You by directv can be activated online

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

I just spoke to solid signal today. They require your account number in order to sell you a receiver now and they will only ship to the service address

Most Canadians I know buy there equipment from small local dealers in boarder towns. In my home city of Minot whenever I'm in our local electronics stores there's always Canadians in buying sat equipment. The local dealer told me that he guessed that 30% of his sat business be it Dish or Direct was from Canadians. I wouldn't think many of them would try buying from online vendors, I could be wrong I guess.

What's the scoop with the receivers on Amazon.. are they an authorized retailer for Directv ?

What's the scoop with the receivers on Amazon.. are they an authorized retailer for Directv ?

It depends. Some could be, but some could also be private sellers. It is still recommended to get the RID and call to verify that it can be activated BEFORE purchasing.

99% of DIRECTV gear on Amazon are 3rd party vendors, not sure if th y are DIRECTV approved dealers. Amazon is like eBay, anyone can sell through them

Status
Please reply by conversation.