Satellite 72.5 with single Lnbs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kdarcangelis870

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 5, 2005
My uncle in Syracuse wants to get directv. I told him if he doesn't want a contract, I could purchase him a new receiver and use some old dishes I have lying around. Obviously he needs acces to the 72.5 satellite for his local channels. He only has 1 tv and I only have single lnbs lying around. I was wondering if I could use a dish SW21 or something like that to combine the two satellites together to only feed one receiver.

Thanks

nope

you need a 5X8 powered multiswitch with a flex port

and the 72.5 is a b*tch to hit

also the 101 dish has to be a dual output lnb, but the 72.5 can be a single

hope this helps

you dont need a 5*8 multiswitch....a 4*4 will do the job...if you dont need the services of the 110 or 119

Oh, they do make you sign a contract even if you purchase your equipment. Well, then I'll will just tell him to have directv install his system for him if he is going to have to sign a contract. I still don't understand why they would make you sign a contract, even if you purchased all of your equipment for the full price.:mad:

Don't really know myself. Even if you have service and you add a receiver after your original contract is up you will have to go back under another one.

kdarcangelis870 said:
Oh, they do make you sign a contract even if you purchase your equipment. Well, then I'll will just tell him to have directv install his system for him if he is going to have to sign a contract. I still don't understand why they would make you sign a contract, even if you purchased all of your equipment for the full price.:mad:

That's because the "full" price at retail is still subsidized by D*. Look at the difference in the retail cost between a D* DVR ($99) and an E* DVR ($249), or the difference bewtween a D* HD receiver ($199) and an E* HD receiver ($369). The differnce is prices is what D* plans on making up during the one or two year committment.

If you are going to do a self install for the 72.5 make sure the 101 has a dual output lnb on it run it into a 4x4 into the 101 inputs and the 72.5 should work fine if you plug 1 or 2 lines into the 4x4 and the 72.5 is pretty easy to hit it is always to the left of the 101 here in my area it sits at 180 x 48 takes me about 30 seconds to get a 100% on the meter

mastecinstaller said:
and the 72.5 should work fine if you plug 1 or 2 lines into the 4x4

If you are using a 4x4, you must use a dual LNB on both dishes & run dual lines on both dishes into the switch. You can get by with only 1 line@72.5 on the 6x8 switch, sorry.

However, if you only need 1 connection for a single tuner receiver, you can get by with 1 coax on each dish by using a 2x1 22khz switch - they are a little harder to find, but they are still out there for sale on a couple websites. I have used one myself & it works just fine.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)