Satellite at 110* To Be Eliminated??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SpySatellite

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 31, 2004
Is the satellite at 110* going to be phased out once the new satellite's are up and running? I get pitiful signal strengths in the 50s for that satellite and 90s for the others on a Slimline 5LNB in NY. I do have some neighboring trees that must be blocking that particular satellite.

unless Direct sells those 3 transponders they own at 110 to someone highly unlikely they get rid of it

How about a mod add a ? to the title - I thought this was leading to something like D* & E* reaching an agreement to trade.

One would think they would have swapped 3 transponders years ago - space on 119 is much more valuable to E*, and then D* could drop 110 all together.

Since the need to bandwidth will always be there it wouldn't make sense to give them up. If you can get double the number of channels using MPEG4 on a transponder that's about 36 to 40 SD channels or 15 to 18 HD channels of capacity. You might want to double check your dish alignment since I get 90's on all three transponders at 110.

If D* and E* start to 'share' some satellite resources maybe D* and E* would swap the three at 110 for three at 119 but I doubt that would happen, no real reason for E* to do that.

sat 110

I've noticed it's weak using sat c for HD. Sometimes I even lose it and have to fiddle around with the dish. I wonder if it's failing (or the earth is wobbling from global warming).

Although it would be good for Echostar to own all 32 frequencies at 119, it makes no difference because they get around just fine right now considering majority of their customers look at both satellites.

Its actually more of a burden on Directv, because of the 3rd orbital location and the additional hardware required to pick up the satellite.

Only way this could happen is if they gave up a transponder to Echostar, or paid Echostar a considerable amount of money!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts