D11-500 Questions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DROPmeNthaMIDDLE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 15, 2006
West Hartford, CT
1. Is there a chance in hell my D11 will get the new GUI like my DVR?

2. Can I charge up my iPod using the usb port in the back my receivers? I haven't tried yet because I'm afraid my iPod will blow up or something. I'm on a student budget, and this new iPod has got to last me some years. The D11, however, is on lease. ;)

Thanks, dudes.

1. I would say chance is all Directv receivers will get the new GUI. We dont know officially or even when but there's been talk that the H20 HD box would be next or the R15.

2. Try something benign in the USB to see if it lights up like a mic or mouse. Not all receivers have had their USB's activated. If its not activated, then it wont give power. If there is power, I would guess it would either be not enough or ok. I dont think it would be too much to blow it up.

Yeah, I just got bold and plugged my iPod in there. It's not having it. There's always the AC adapter, I guess.

I hope everybody gets the new GUI. I was watching the new guy play with it last night on the Customer News channel. It's as gorgeous if not gorgeous-er than the Sky+ box in the UK, and I always thought that the Sky+ box was the Holy Grail of GUIs. I sound like a geek. lol.

We all are geeks and welcome here. I posted something that was wrong but had all the buzz words in it. So on surface sounded good and I knew what I was saying but dead wrong. It happens.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts