Satellite AV Contest - GEOSATpro microHD - Enter to Win - Drawing on 6/11/2012

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
As a kid we used to go vacationing in Northern Wisconsin and would go snorkeling in the lakes up there. I used to try and catch crayfish by hand.

every summer we would travel to ohio from florida by greyhound bus "grand parents were no where near a airport but very close to a country bus station" this was also back in the 1970's,i have very fond memories of those bus trips to south east ohio. jackson and wellston area. those were the good ole days.

when we were kids it would be up to the cabin the middle of nowhere most of the summer. No indoor plumbing so it was a trek about 100 feet from the house to the outhouse...watch out for the bears :eek:
Every time one of us would go out there one of the adults would come out and start scratching or banging on the side of the outhouse to scare the hell out of us ;)

that place is long gone and we ended up getting a bigger cabin on a different lake :)

Spending a month in Canada at my Grandparents cottage. Fishing, Swimming and roaming thru the woods. Ahhhhhhh to be a kid again.

Without a doubt it was tearing around our village on our bicycles. We'd spend most days in the local park trying to jump a small brook on our bikes and doing other stunts. The high point of the week was Saturday afternoon when Dukes of Hazzard would come on BBC1 followed by CHiPs on ITV. We loved those shows (they taught me all I needed to know about the US) and we'd be out on our bicycles afterwards recreating them and making police siren noises as we went round the neighborhood. Yeah, the neighbors loved us.

Summer time was the best. My Grandmother had a 45 acre farm where I would go camping with my dog Dan. Dan was the best friend a kid could have. He would ride in the tractor cart whenever we would venture out exploring the farm. We shared many an adventure together. If we weren't chasing Ground Hogs we were exploring the ledges collecting neat looking rocks and looking for arrowheads. There was a old time garbage dump on the property where we spent days looking for old bottles. I still have several of the treasures we found back then. Times have changed with the electronic age but nothing beats the good ole days of times gone by.

my favorite childhood summer activity was having more time to play pickup baseball games with the neighborhood kids.

My favorite childhood fun time was weekend fishing trips with my grandpa. Round goby fish was abundant and easy to catch, which was perfect for an eight year old :)

Going to the Drive-In movies on some rediculously low priced "carload night" in my pajamas with my parents. We parked our station wagon backwards in the spot and fell asleep on pallets (piles of blankets).

My parents drove us home asleep in the back without seat belts.

My favorite memories were having a woods behind the house with creek running through it that went back a mile or so. We were either out there exploring, finding spots to try and jump the creek, or playing some type of a sport. We were never in the house. I miss those summers.

One of my favorite activities when I was a kid, was riding my go karts and mini bikes. Back then we spent just about everyday outside until dark. Video games were not invented yet and we got 3 TV channels.

Family vacation at the lake in the pop up camper. I learned to water ski behind the fishing boat with a 25 hp motor (no way would that pull me up now)! Fishing off the dock for anything that would bite on a piece of corn. Ahh, those were the days!

My most fun experiences during the summer were during the years when my parents owned a motorhome and they would sometimes let me drive. I remember empty highways in the Arizona desert that go many miles in a straight line and at night you could see every star in the sky; sun so hot that it literally melted the blacktop coming into Salt Lake City so that you had to ride in the tireprints of the vehicles that had gone before; and the gigantic mudhole that was the Alaska highway.

Playing soccer with the neighborhood kids -- none of us were very good, but that didn't keep us from kicking the ball around (and occasionally kicking each other :) )

Remember the swimming, water skiing, boating, and yes work all summer. Couple of nights a week we would camp out on the island with bon fires and
chase the girls who were staying in the barn across the river. Can’t remember if we ever did catch them tho. No phones, texting, and
computers just simple good fun. Best part was upsetting those who came to the rock pit for some hands on experience with their dates in
their cars. We were a big-big distraction but never got caught.

My greatest summertime memory is going up to the Catskills to visit my Grandparents. My grandfather would take me down to the stream and taught me that patience is a virtue when fishing! I was a kid and patience didn't come easy (or at all) and I never caught much back then but as we grow older and wiser, those words mean more to me now.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts