Satellite AV Contest - GEOSATpro microHD - Enter to Win - Drawing on 6/11/2012

Status
Please reply by conversation.
As a kid, I loved summer. My birthday is in the summer and I loved going to the beach I still do. Riding bikes was great I miss catching fire flys!

My father passed when I was very young. Mom thought I needed the influence of a man in my life, so I spent several weeks each summer with my uncle Joe. Uncle Joe was a farmer and a preacher with a good sense of humor and strong values. The first summer I stayed with him I broke out a window playing baseball with my cousin. Had to work of the window before anything else. Took me all morning to hoe that first row of beans, but uncle Joe let me know it would be a long summer working that slow just to pay off a window. Learned how to work that summer and paid the window off quickly so I could make some real money. Still go to the local coffee shop once in a while to have some breakfast, but most of all 'cause that is where I can find uncle Joe most mornings. O, by that way, I didn't make a farmer but I am a preacher! He is in his 80s now and I in my 50s, but I will never forget that summer!

Used to spend a week out each year with my G'pa and G'ma on their ranch in Nebraska. Playing in the haystacks - no bails back then for them. We also went fishing out on the farm ponds. Good times...

I used tom kick back in summer bring smaller tv outside and watch tv on c-band whild drinking a 6 pak with my buddies watching free stuff and wind blowing around 10 -15 mph and being around 75 to 80 degrees then taking off to go fishing and riding on the trails see who could do the craziest stuff the head for the lake to swing off rope into lake....the good old days :)

My father and I spent many Sundays on Forest Service roads in his four by four AMC Eagle enjoying the natural Appalachian scenery.

I loved the summer because I could go to work with my grandfather. He pumped oil wells. We would take his dog and a shotgun and walk through the woods. He would tell me what this plant was good for or this plant made a good tea. Wished I would remember it all.

Best times when I was a kid was heading off to the lake where all my summer time friends were. Our family stayed in a cabin nestled under the big shady jack pines close to the beach, was a slice of heaven. Lots of maritime and forest adventures (and misadventures of course), learning to water ski and sail, etc. Wish one could go back in time....

Being a kid was great except for school :) (not a great fan of going to school).During the summer i would walk down to the local city pool to take in some sun and cool off!by the way the city pools are still there but have been not in use for a few years now due to money problems.One of my favorite things to do was to go to one of a few small ponds in my area and fish for perch,catfish and maybe some trout.Always had the radio on! in those days AM radio still ruled! the music was great and so were the DJ's.

No swimming , as I am hydrophobic ! Fishing ? My father was among the best. Usually just going with him I had a chance , 'cause he always knew where they were . Watermelons? Naw , no comment on that one . The most fun was going to the yearly summer fair [ The CNE ] . I went from the rides to trying to impress girls. Some things don't change.......I'm still trying to impress the wife , and it's getting tougher each day.

My best summer was in 1945 when I was 10 years old. My brother and I built a tree house in the woods. We built a 1 watt transmitter and could send messages to another friend that had a tree house about 1/2 mile away. we thought we were hot stuff. I am sorry to say a shopping center is on that site now.

It the summer of 1973 I was 11 years old. My dad took us all camping. Early Sunday morning while he was still asleep I went to the fishing hole and caught a 4 lb. Large mouth Bass! I took it back to the cabin and told him but he did not believe me. LOL his eyes almost popped out of his head when I held it up as proof!

I remember going up to my uncles dairy farm in Minnesota from Colorado a few times in the summers growing up. When we would get up there we would be eaten alive by the mosquitoes, but enjoyed going out on the boat and catching hundreds of sun fish, which was a pain to descale. He was a fun Uncle and kids were great to in the late 70' s to early 80's. Always enjoyed helping with the milking of the cows, and hanging out with the cousins, but I was the youngest.

My memories on my summer vacation meant spending the days in church with my grandmother and my evenings on my grand dads lap asking questions and trying to get a sip of his beer :) They are both resting with God but I miss them both every day.

I remember playing a game of one on one basketball full court up to 102 points every summer day against my brother.

My best time in the Sumer was wen a went with my friends to a Summer camp and stay with my grandpa and my Friends , and to go with my family to a different vacation every year !! and most important to play outside football and ride my bikes !!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)