Satellite AV: Sweet Steal (err I mean.... Deal) on a Warehouse Find - Twinhan StarBox USB Receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
While relocating the shipping department within our facility the shipping team spotted two shrink wrapped packages hidden away on the top of the 30 foot racks..... What could they be?

Twenty Twinhan Starbox USB Satellite Receivers are now sitting in behind my desk and need a home ASAP. A few of the gift boxes have cosmetic damage as they spent way too much time in the warehouse. The cardboard corners on a few of the gift boxes are banged up, but no damage to the contents. None of the gift boxes include the outdated software CD, but newer Twinhan drivers have been shared on this and many other forums.

Have we got a deal for you!

How about Free if you will pay a flat fee of only $14.50 for one, $18 for two or $20 for three units shipped to any continental US address? Please call our sales team and ask for the SatelliteGuys Special Deal on the Twinhan StarBox. Toll Free at 888-483-4673, Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 4pm, PT.

Sorry, no PMs or requests to hold them......... This offer is valid until all units are gone. We will post as soon as all 20 units are sold. Sold without support or warranty! Tested and confirmed to not be DOA.

VisionDTV-USB-Sat_B.jpg

Main Features
• Sharp appearance and easy plug-n-play installation with exquisite and sharp appearance, TwinhanDTV StarBox provides an easy installation by USB plug-n-play. The high speed USB 2.0 transmission provides superb video quality without ghost and snow.

• Watch digital satellite TV on your PC
Receive free-to-air digital satellite TV and digital radio station on your PC. TwinhanDTV Sat is a professional DTV receiver, which brings digital satellite TV and radio to your PC. With TwinhanDTV Sat, you can experience the high definition & crystal clear video quality (HDTV) easily through your monitor.

• Listen to digital radio
Enjoy the digital satellite radio stations in stereo & playback any time you like. The audio effect is near CD quality.

• Direct Burn into DVD
Direct record your favorite TV programs into DVD format without saving them in hard disk in advance.
Just press “Record” button and software will start to burn live programs into your DVD. When the
program ends, the DVD making is finished.

• Wake Up Scheduled Recording
Just set your recording schedule in advance, the computer will execute the recoding job automatically
even your PC is in sleep mode!

Feature List
• Digital TV & Radio receiving (DVB-S)
Watch digital satellite TV programs on your PCs
Listen to digital stereo radio
Support DiSEqC 1.2 & USALS

• High Definition & Crystal Clear Video Quality
Support HDTV receiving
4:3 & 16:9 selectable aspect ratio
Experience best video quality at high resolution up to 1080i

• Personal Video Recording
Instant & schedule record programs as MPEG II format
Wake Up Schedule Recording
Direct Burn into DVD
Time-Shifting

• TV Function
SAP (Language option)
Electronic Program Guide (EPG)
Transponder, region, and Frequency range Auto Scan
Multiple Frame Capture
Parental Control Password
Multi Channel Preview
Favorite List
Hot Keys

• Others
Video Quality Adjustment
Full function Remote Control
DVB Teletext
Specifications:

Tuner
• Input Terminal: F-type 75 Ohm
• Receiving Frequency: 950~2150 MHz Tuning Range
• Input level: -65~-25dBm
• Carrier Capture Range : ±5MHz
• Ambient Temperature: 0°C to +70 °C
• Support MCPC and SCPC

QPSK & FEC
• Symbol Rate: 2~45Msps
• QPSK filter: Root-raised cosine filter with roll-off 0.35
• Punctured codes: 1/2,2/3,3/4,5/6,7/8 and Auto

LNB & Switch control
• LNB Supply Voltage: 13V/18V with Short Circuit Protection
• DiSEqC: 1.2
• Support Data Burst & Tone Burst
• Antenna and LNB Control: 22KHz Tone
• Max. LNB Supply Current: 400mAUSB Interface
• Universal Serial Bus 1.1 / 2.0 Standard
• B Type USB Female Connector

De-multiplexing
• Max No. Section Filtering: 32PIDs
• Engine: Hardware
• Stream Capture: PES & TS

A/V Format

• Video Format: MPEG-II Main Profile& Main Level
• Audio Format: MPEG-II Audio Layer I & II

Includes:
• TwinhanDTV StarBox
• IR Remote Control
• IR Receiver
• Quick Installation Guide
• USB cord
• Please note: No Software CD included

Last edited:
Nice early Xmas present for the troops, so thanks Brian! - :up

None for me, though.
For anyone interested in my experiences with one, do an advanced search here on the forum. :)

I never had much happiness with the Twinhan DVBS viewing program, but the StarBox worked quite well with several other programs like mytheater.

Does TS Reader support the VP-7021 now? I know that four years ago, TSReader did not have the drivers.

BTW.... The model is the VP-7021 not the VP-7021a for searches.

I just called and left a message. :)

I would like two as we use these boxes to run our uplink pc and also to update TheList. :)

Thanks Brian!

Thanks Brian, you didn't have to do that! I just got a call letting me know as well!

Man is it just me or is this hobby starting to get real EXCITING again!

Great offer, Brian. I do have one question, is there a driver compatible with Windows 7 for these units?

Great offer, Brian. I do have one question, is there a driver compatible with Windows 7 for these units?
I have read posts on several forums reporting use on the VP-7021 on Windows 7 64 bit OS. Needed to override the digital signature.

TSReader now has BDA drivers. The software may work with the Starbox, but I have not played around with these units for awhile. Might just keep a unit if TSReader works!

I ordered one. I'm thinking that this combined with a small laptop and the right software would make a signal meter with spectrum analyzer. Not as good as a real meter, but easier than hauling a tv and your set top box out to the dish.

:D Found a few more units. There are now 3 remaining.

Glad these could find good homes!

After I ordered I saw that I could of gotten a third unit for only $2 more in shipping charges. I then received an email stating that my two units had already been shipped. I love the fast shipping, but I didn't get a chance to call and change my order to 3 units. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)