Twinhan StarBox Owners Club

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pixl

Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Traverse City, Michigan
Thought I'd start a thread for everybody to kick some ideas around on how to get one of these working. This is the USB receiver that SatAv has been generously handing out just for the cost of shipping.
My co-worker bought one of these, we had it up on the bench all day struggling with drivers, software, etc to no avail.
Has anyone got theirs working and what did you use for drivers?

Edit: using windows XP 32 bit.

Last edited:
never messed with a usb but i have a 1020a basically i just loaded the drivers d-loaded a dbv program & got codecs then it worked, for the most part

This is a model 7021, I've tried DVBDream 1.4 but it can't find the device even though windows reports the drivers are working.

how did u set up dvb dream?
if i have to i can get an xp system going to see how to set it up again

i never used it with more than a 4x1 diseqc switch

im not sure if dvbdream will work with ur card... just looked at the list & dont see it listed.... ill check on other programs

my theater supports ur card, checking for more
dvbviewer seems to work also
dvbdream will work with workarounds (ctrl + D buttons to activate the device)
i would guess mythtv (linux) would work

Last edited:
Tried "My Theater", couldn't get it to recognize my tuner. Twinhan is listed in support, but not my model. Maybe those drivers are not correct.

Pixl, got one for you to try (VisionData_1-727) but cant fig. how to upload it here. I have had my starbox for several yrs,(been on a shelf for several also) mytheatre worked the best with it. win xp .
gave up on win7.

tsreader may be another option, it has a lot of twinhan supprt i didnt see ur particular model tho

Pixl, got one for you to try (VisionData_1-727) but cant fig. how to upload it here. I have had my starbox for several yrs,(been on a shelf for several also) mytheatre worked the best with it. win xp .
gave up on win7.

Kenny maybe you can e-mail it.
Check your PM

Tried "My Theatre" today, made some progress.
It reconigized my USB tuner, I loaded in sat 99w and 1 tp, then scanned it. Found one channel (KCWY 13 from Montana). But did not know where to go from there. In the lower left corner it said " no audio codec associated" and same for video. I don't see where you would fix that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts