Satellite Broadband Internet + Vonage?

Remington

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 1, 2005
Gatineau, Qc.
I am using Vonage right now and moving soon to the country. Satellite internet is fast enough to use my vonage and keep my phone number? Anyone tried it?

thank you for your help.

Fast enough yes.

Will it work yes.

Will it work great NO.

Ping times on any type of satellite connection is over well 500. This will cause a delay in the info being sent over the connection. I just installed a Hughesnet for a guy who planed to use Vonage a couple of days ago. When someone talks you will be able to get them fine. When you speak there will be a delay before the person gets it.

i use vonage with direcway and it does work! lag times can be high but its not only becuse of upload speeds. its the distance from you to the sat. people in the north may experiance it worse although only by mila-secounds. if you use it for dish or directv dial up set the prefex to dial *99 this helps at times.

Upload speeds are fine for it running up to 200k on the pro plan and 128k on the home. Vonage only needs 90k to work properly and the lag like hobojoe said is what is wrong with Vonage and a satellite connection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)