Satellite channel listing?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

scottie_h

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 22, 2004
Cologne, MN
Is there a list somewhere of what channels are on which satellite? I'm having all kinds of signal issues on ESPN-HD tonight, and want to make sure I'm looking at the right satellite for signal quality. At quick glance, nothing caught my eye on any of them. That would also allow me to check other channels on the same satellite to see if I have the same issue.

Sorry if this is posted elsewhere or if the title is misleading - had a hard time coming up with the right verbiage.

Thanks!

EDIT: Or if there's no official list anywhere, if someone could tell me what satellite ESPN is on and a couple other channels on the same satellite, that would be helpful. It's gotten even worse in the last few minutes. :( I also forgot to mention that I have four receivers, and all are having the same issue - so that should rule out a cabling issue to a single box.

Last edited:
Thanks Jimbo - I edited my original post to note that I am talking about ESPN-HD.

I'm guessing this is my issue?

103(s)
1-8 0 0 0 61 0 0 N/A N/A

I haven't taken the time to scroll through channel by channel to check for issues, but I did notice that FSN-HD is having issues as well. Is that on the same satellite?

There is a list at DBSTalk.com posted by GCT. Check his postings for it.

Thanks Jimbo - I edited my original post to note that I am talking about ESPN-HD.

I'm guessing this is my issue?

103(s)
1-8 0 0 0 61 0 0 N/A N/A

I haven't taken the time to scroll through channel by channel to check for issues, but I did notice that FSN-HD is having issues as well. Is that on the same satellite?

It would be 99 or 103 as all MPEG 4 HD channels are on the 99 or 103 as far as I know.

I have been watching FSN D without any issues for the past 4+ months without any issues, that said, I didn't watch yesterday (no game) ... what kind of trouble are you having with it ?

It would be 99 or 103 as all MPEG 4 HD channels are on the 99 or 103 as far as I know.

I have been watching FSN D without any issues for the past 4+ months without any issues, that said, I didn't watch yesterday (no game) ... what kind of trouble are you having with it ?

It was pixelating and pausing a lot. As it got later, it was getting worse - would completely pause for 5-10 seconds at a time and instead of a few small pixels have the screen was covered with large pixel blocks. I finally had to turn it because it just wasn't watchable. I watched the local news later with no issues, so it's definitely not all channels.

Weather was clear and calm at the time, btw.

Status
Please reply by conversation.