Satellite channels not coming up

hudson

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 4, 2004
My OTA channels are working fine, but all the satellite channels are not coming up. I'm in Roswell, GA, just north of Atlanta. We've had an ice storm this weekend, not sure if the ice on the dish could cause the problem?? The dish did not get hit or anything.

Same for me, but I am in Roswell also, so maybe it is weather. But, I was getting a signal about 2 hours ago.

More than likely it's the ice on the dish. With the high angle it's pointing up you have a coating on the dish. Be thankfull you have power, there were over 300,000 without according to last nights news. Receiving a great signal here in the northeast with another 2" of fresh snow sitting on the dish.

Doesn't seem any worse than last night, but maybe you're right. We'll see how it goes later today....

Voom Out in Lawrenceville, GA

hudson said:
My OTA channels are working fine, but all the satellite channels are not coming up. I'm in Roswell, GA, just north of Atlanta. We've had an ice storm this weekend, not sure if the ice on the dish could cause the problem?? The dish did not get hit or anything.

Same here. Calling the Voom 800# was useless.

froxer9 said:
Same here. Calling the Voom 800# was useless.

My channels went off lastnight(01-29-05) at 11:30pm est. Was off until 2:00am(01-30-05). ota was working fine also the date on the both units was dec 30.. this also happen back in jun of 04.. called voom 800# talked to csr she said would give me a hit didn't work right away.Here in ohio we also had some ice plus snow.. 2weeks ago had 8inches of snow and voom never went off.. :confused:

P.S:
the csr said that all installs are being done though dish. not sure if she knew what she was talking about.

Satellite channels

They came on about 1:00 or so. Must have been the ice on the dish. It's all melted now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)