satellite dish cooking

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bill55az

Original poster
Oct 29, 2013
AZ and UT
Is anyone here into cooking with solar? I have used solar and dish antennas to cook with and it works well, but it could work better if I could find an aluminum dish instead of steel. Aluminum can be polished better than most other metals.
Currently I use foil tape to line the dish, but that method produces a lot of surface irregularities that ends up making the cooking surface have uneven temperatures.
Are there any aluminum antennas out there in the approximately 30 to 42 inch range?

I have heard of this. We did an experiment /lab in Geometry years ago when I was in high school. We built a dish, and cooked popcorn. This can be done, but I would not rely on it. ;) Now days I forgot the calculations for building a dish from scratch.

I vaguely remember seeing a product that folded up. I think all sides were flat or nearly so. But it could (eventually) boil a small amount of water.

Would a collapsible strainer work, if you could find one big enough?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I vaguely remember seeing a product that folded up. I think all sides were flat or nearly so. But it could (eventually) boil a small amount of water.

Would a collapsible strainer work, if you could find one big enough?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
i think what you saw was called the solar oven

Reactions: N5XZS and navychop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)