satellite equipment museum

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ya got me:

Oh, I thought you were starting one and requesting equipment.
I was about to clean out the garage and send it all to ya! - :eek:

I spotted one of those Wilson LittleWil dishes 22 years ago on someone's patio. I had just installed my 10' Unimesh and thought how could that thing ever work?

I love the hand crank linear actuator on the Connexions dish. I wish I had one today.

Ive had a few also. My favorite were the Uniden receivers although I did have some Drakes. My first system had a LNA on it. Set it up all my self and got it running too. Had to do alot of research about them in the days before internet.

Wow. Memories. I had a woman give me her husbands old videos from those days. Some Beta , Some VHS . Over 2000 tapes at least. He taped all the time . Recorded C-band like 24 hours a day. He had the money to buy tapes and not record over them . It sure was fun back then. Don't overlook the other links on this page .

From this you can learn a lot about Satelitte tv and how it started.
I know this museum is in the Uk so things are different there then in the US but there is a lot of things I learned on this Webside that I didn't know.
I started with C band in 1996 and back then it was Vc2 plus time I bought a receiver it was a General Instrument but it was the TOP OF THE LINE back then it costed over $1000 it had Ti filter noise reduction and all those things and back then that was like the best features a receiver can have.
But then about 1 year later or 2 I traded it in for the 4dtv.
That was the beginning of 4dtv I was one of the first people who had 4dtv back then it started with Digital channels like that's when discovery launched channels like Discovery home Discovery travel those we're the first digital ones and Hbo also had their channel in DC2 and they added Hbo family to the mix.
That was also the start of Encore wam network and maybe I don't remember more channels that we're on during those first months in Dc 2 but that how it all got started.
But these people have like receivers with knobs so you turn a dial to tune in and turn the other one to tune in audio I didn't know such a thing even exists but these we're like early 80's tech but it's good to know how it all started.
These are like state of the art electronics I think they have better quality then today's stuff I bet some of them would still work maybe they'll pick up C span or something else that's still in Analog.
But as I understand in the early 80's there we're no scrambled channels yet?
Everything was still free?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)