Satellite Frecuencies that provide Date and Time

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Cband55

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2008
Is there a List of Frecuencies on each satellite that give the date and time, well just G16
Im parked there all the time, I need it becasue the dreambox only updates the date and time via satellite

C-Band or KU?

I know on 97W KU 11842 transponder (with 3ABN and the others) works the time/date perfect

Lots of them have the time, few have the correct time ;) ... The INN feed channel on 87W C-Band used to be accurate, but its off now. I'll have to try the one Iceberg suggested...

Lots of them have the time, few have the correct time ;) ... The INN feed channel on 87W C-Band used to be accurate, but its off now. I'll have to try the one Iceberg suggested...

Preach it Brother J, I was gonna ask which planet and era did he want his time from, because I am convinced a FTA box can travel backwards and forwards in time at will as it effortlessly glides across the arc. One of the first things that amazed me about this technology was that they can make a 75 CENT alarm clock that can keep perfect time with nothing more than a button battery, but we have 400.00 FTA boxes that can't keep time for NOTHING!

My AZBoxes sync time from an internet server so the only time it really changes is when we go from regular to daylight saving time. But of course you have to have a home network in order for that box to do that. Nice feature though.

Preach it Brother J, I was gonna ask which planet and era did he want his time from, because I am convinced a FTA box can travel backwards and forwards in time at will as it effortlessly glides across the arc. One of the first things that amazed me about this technology was that they can make a 75 CENT alarm clock that can keep perfect time with nothing more than a button battery, but we have 400.00 FTA boxes that can't keep time for NOTHING!

So true... I use the date and time stamp on files created by my receivers to keep things in order during a NASA mission. Unfortunately, I found out the hard way about the Openbox's amnesia problem when it comes to the time. Fortunately, I hadn't recorded more than a couple of days worth of files before I noticed that it forgets the time and date every time its put in standby. I got in the habit of changing channels to MeTV before turning the receiver off every day. That way, when I turned it back on, it set the date from the MeTV transponder (which is very wrong, but at least its within 12 hours or so on the date)...

On Cband just need one on Cband from 87-116 thanks
DWTV on 103W sends time and has an EPG (which would be useless without the correct time.)

Works great when setting up a recording on PBS on the same bird. Just set the channel to DWTV and when the recording time arrives, the receiver switches to PBS and does the recording. This is because PBS doesn't send the time. If it did, the recording may or may not fire...

So true... I use the date and time stamp on files created by my receivers to keep things in order during a NASA mission. Unfortunately, I found out the hard way about the Openbox's amnesia problem when it comes to the time. Fortunately, I hadn't recorded more than a couple of days worth of files before I noticed that it forgets the time and date every time its put in standby. I got in the habit of changing channels to MeTV before turning the receiver off every day. That way, when I turned it back on, it set the date from the MeTV transponder (which is very wrong, but at least its within 12 hours or so on the date)...

You could modify the GMT settings since thats about the only thing Openbox seems to remember regarding time =p.

To this day i will never understand why the developers of sso could not put in a clock that keeps time in standby mode.They must of saved big bucks not adding such a feature.Maybe someone out there in FTA land has designed a simple circuit that you can add to the sso to fix the problem.

My Coolsat 8000 sets it's clock by the transponder signal to whatever time they're sending.... sometimes correct, sometimes not. My Pansat 9200 ignores time signals altogether. If I don’t set it manually it doesn't get set.

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Ditto! It has intrigued me, too! ANd I thought it was only *my* box malfunctioning!

To avoid the time hopping if syncing from the viewed channel or drifting if AC referenced. the GEOSATpro STBs use the channel 1 position to sync time in the automatic time mode. When the receiver is placed in standby, the time is internally referenced until the STB is rebooted or updated if the viewer places the receiver on a channel that shares the MUX with channel 1.

There are several ways to solve the SSO time issue if the firmware developer was directed to do so. Unfortunately, there are few legit receivers imported into North America that are "Openbox" or OEM authorized. There are many "Openbox" clone manufacturers and not many firmware developers on these clone factories staff. :eek: These factories are just cranking out the "receiver du jour" to exploit the market then move on to the next device to copy......

Want to help make a change? Research and only support the companies that invest in RD and offer authorized OEM products. If you are unsure, check directly with a company and find an authorized distributor or reseller in your region. Time to send a message to clone and "out-the-back-door" rogue manufacturers.

Just something to think about next time a product is available cheap on eBay and offering direct shipment from China or Hong Kong..... :rant:

To avoid the time hopping if syncing from the viewed channel or drifting if AC referenced. the GEOSATpro STBs use the channel 1 position to sync time in the automatic time mode. When the receiver is placed in standby, the time is internally referenced until the STB is rebooted or updated if the viewer places the receiver on a channel that shares the MUX with channel 1.

There are several ways to solve the SSO time issue if the firmware developer was directed to do so. Unfortunately, there are few legit receivers imported into North America that are "Openbox" or OEM authorized. There are many "Openbox" clone manufacturers and not many firmware developers on these clone factories staff. :eek: These factories are just cranking out the "receiver du jour" to exploit the market then move on to the next device to copy......

Want to help make a change? Research and only support the companies that invest in RD and offer authorized OEM products. If you are unsure, check directly with a company and find an authorized distributor or reseller in your region. Time to send a message to clone and "out-the-back-door" rogue manufacturers.

Just something to think about next time a product is available cheap on eBay and offering direct shipment from China or Hong Kong..... :rant:

Well, Brian, we have been WAITING for a receiver for YEARS now from one of our A+ Gold Sponsors...but we haven't GOTTEN one! So we have to use what's on the market at the time we are in need/want of a receiver. If all I have is a hacker box, that's what I'll USE. I am NOT concerned if some jackleg might use it to steal DISH, I don't care, I am not doing it, so why SHOULD I care! I want a box that works for the most part, and is fairly cheap. Openbox/Solomend/Sathawk is a STEAL for the price offered, and Azbox is good value too, because NOBODY is making the box we really WANT! :cool:

Please don't slam us for using what's AVAILABLE. Promises cant tune in my Indycar feeds. :)

Stogie,

First, my apologies for the world economy collapse. Not many products have been introduced to the world market in several years outside of products produced for the theft of services market. Just the way it is......

Definitely not a slam meant on you or anyone else for buying a MPEG2/4, SD/HD receiver. I have my own STB toys for enjoying HD as well, but when posters repeatedly moan about why there is no support for the receivers that they are buying, one must ask who they are buying them from and what they expected?

My point of the post is..... There is a legit Opensat company that supports their products very well, then there are the "S9-like" products that are being sold in North America. Opensat historically makes modifications for the regions that they officially distribute and authorized OEM. If you don't verify the reseller status with the official Opensat company or purchase on eBay with delivery from China, don't expect the firmware releases to be available or compatible.

I don't mind that members buy an AZbox, Opensat or what else is available, but each one of us has to make a choice. Either to support a company that invests time and resources to bring a product to market or to buy the knock off that steals the intellectual properties and hardware designs. Be an aware buyer!

I don't mind that members buy an AZbox, Opensat or what else is available, but each one of us has to make a choice. Either to support a company that invests time and resources to bring a product to market or to buy the knock off that steals the intellectual properties and hardware designs. Be an aware buyer!

Reminds me of Pansat/Fortec/Lavasat clones. And reminds me of companies like Pansat/Viewsat/Coolsat/NFusion/etcetera that also cathered to pirates and were more worried to give pirates the modifications in firmware they wanted, but mostly ignored FTA (Pansat. Same happens with companies like Opensat and the people who are developing the OpenBoxS9, i've seen lots of firmware releases to improve European firmware used by people who can legally share their cards, and used by other not so legally), but very few improvements are done to firmware intended for the FTA people (they waited a long time to solve the green issue even when somebody from another forum told them about it and where to look at in the source code (if i write his name i have a feeling that my post will again be deleted LOL), and he was not the only one i know who did it... same with the clock, as long as it is synched in Europe with the SKY stream or whatever company they are receiving, they won't fix it because "it works" that way.

But that's the way it has been for a long time, pirates for a long time have been good customers for FTA stores with all the receivers they buy, and not only that, also Dish/Directv antennas, switches, LNBs... that's just the way it is and it is something good for certain stores that without those customers they would have a rough time staying in black numbers.

Promises cant tune in my Indycar feeds. :)

...And neither can any receivers from the sponsors. :eek:
Our sponsors have excellent deals, on parts & pieces, like Dishes, LNBFs and switches, and I have purchased these type things from them. Their RECEIVER selection on the other hand, all MPEG2-SD, and therefore I'm not interested. The next box I buy, will be able to tune in any legal thing up there, -I'm leaning toward the AzBox, but If SatelliteAv comes up with something similar in this new receiver it will warrant my consideration. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Seeking dual KU and CBAND receiver PVR

How Important is the STB Front Panel Display?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts