Satellite Inet or Wireless Broadband?

Al, I did check wispa - nadda in our area unfortunately. I'm so frustrated. Harness - I have looked into purchasing it from dish but I read that if you do it that way it's harder to get tech service, etc because you need to go thru them first, I COULD be wrong though, I've read so much about all of this the past week that I can't remember, lol.

You state that you already have a Verizon 4G signal and a 5GB/month plan. I have Verizon also, and am using a contract iPhone. When I started the contract, only 3G or slower was ever displayed on the phone as the data connection. Then one day I started noticing 4G/LTE popping in and out. Within weeks my phone showed a fulltime 4G data connection. I what I was seeing was Verizon upgrading the towers in my area. At that point I checked on Home Fusion to replace my HughesNet satellite. It was available, I signed a Home Fusion installation order. I kept both Hughes and HF for a month, while I still had a Verizon escape clause. It worked, so I dropped Hughes and tore down my satellite dish. Been on Home Fusion ever since. It's a two piece system; an antenna/signal booster outside, and a wireless router inside. No hardware fee, no installation fee, no need to get up on your roof.

So to the point: have you actually put your physical address into this Home Fusion coverage locator? If not, you might be surprised. If it still reveals no HF coverage, just bookmark the webpage and check every month or so.
Very interested in this thread, read all the posts. I currently have terrestrial wireless (basically 802.11b with a high gain antenna), gone to hell in the past few weeks and the local company seems indifferent, but cheap $30/mo. I'm solar so power is a concern, needs to be off when the computer is off.

Based on the above, you're a fan of 4G/LTE over satellite internet. How about the cost comparison?

I live in a mountain valley and Verizon LTE just went hot last month. I can see the/a tower 8-miles away with no obstructions.
Some questions:
  • Can I do VOIP using the Verizon service?
  • You mention an escape clause, what is that?
  • Any speed or FAP problems with Verizon.
  • What do you pay, what do you get?

Thanks for your thoughts.

First, there is no such thing as "4G/LTE over satellite". Not sure how you arrived at that conclusion. Second, reading this topic from the beginning would have answered every one of your questions. But to summarize;
1. no
2. I had a month to back out of the deal if I didn't like the service
3. the penalty for exceeding your allowance isn't throttling, it's financial. $10/GB or any portion thereof.
4. I have the basic 10GB plan for $60/month, average speed about 12Gb/s. Speed tests often show as much as 30down/17up, but real world downloads are closer to 12.

//greg//

First, there is no such thing as "4G/LTE over satellite". Not sure how you arrived at that conclusion. Second, reading this topic from the beginning would have answered every one of your questions. But to summarize;
//greg//
"over" in this context was meant as "preferred" NOT via satellite. I can see how my word choice might have confused, didn't mean to get your dander up!!!

Thanks for the concise reply.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)