Satellite interference with OTA Preamp CM7777

malberts

Original poster
May 25, 2008
Hi,

I am currently a Dish customer withe the 522 receiver and I just installed a Channel Master 3671 antenna. I also purchased and installed the CM7777 preamp to boost my signal since I am over 40 miles away from the towers. I hooked up the preamp as per instructions and have a diplexer coming out of the preamp with one cable going to the main TV antenna input and the other cable going to a second diplexer. The second diplexer has the the TV2 output cable going into it and a second cable going to the second TV which is in the basement. This way the second TV gets the sattelite signal and OTA signal all on one cable. My problem is when I plug the CM7777 preamp in the satellite signal gets a bit fuzzy and degraded. When I unplug it the sattelite signal is good again. Is there a way to get rid of the interference when the CM7777 is plugged in? Did I hook this up the best way? Please help. Thanks.

Yes, I have the quad cable coming from the amp on the antenna mast to the power unit. From the power unit to the diplexor explanation above. I did solve the problem though. I had my sattelite channel for TV2 at 21. I switched it to channel 30 which didn't have any OTA signals and it comes in clear now. Apparently I was picking up an OTA channel on 21 which was distorting the Sattelite. Thanks for the response.

Your LNB may be producing intermodulation products from the LO and IF which interfere with your lower frequency OTA channels. You may find other combinations of LNB transponder and OTA channels give you problems. If so try a diplexer with better rejection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)