Satellite Launch in just a few minutes...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just got this in my mailbox. :)

Hello,

I wanted to send you a quick reminder. Arianespace is about to launch Amazonas 3 and Azerspace/Africasat-1a in just a few minutes. You can watch the live launch from your desktop now at Arianespace.tv or you can download their free iPhone/iPad App .

Check it out!

Sincerely,

Jeffrey Hill
News Editor
www.SatelliteTODAY.com

Wow scarry looking launch it got to zero and nothing then a few seconds later a big explosion huge fireball (I thought the rocket blew up) and then up and away it went!

Dang I just missed it.

Go to the website posted above and you can replay the mission. BTW Thank you for the link I am now on the mailing list!

Last edited:
What did you think of that launch? I tho it it was a goner!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I hear ya! I missed it to. Hopefully now that I'm signed up I won't miss anymore! I thought it was a great launch, looked like it was going to misfire at first but all the sudden bam it took off!

I had the same "oh no" thought when I saw the fireball come out of the bottom of that rocket (especially as the guy said...now wait 7 seconds after we reach 0, then we'll have liftoff..." VOOOOOOSHHH. Whoops, well, the camera's going to be toast if not a third of the French Guiana coast. But thank goodness, the fire and smoke cleared, and the rocket lifted into space :)

I watched the Arainespace webcast broadcast and didn't notice anything unusual. Thankfully, everything went according to plan and the launch was successful,
unlike the Intelsat 27 fiasco.

No, nothing unusual, but the camera angle was rather shocking to say the least.... for a minute it looked like it could be like the I-27 oops!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts