Satellite Launch

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sancho

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 20, 2008
Well, October is quickly drawing to a close. Any word on the launch date of the new satellite D12? I seem to remember a mention of a launch date sometime in October? Being relatively new to this site and and to D* I'm wondering if D* posts information on the launch and its success? If not, is that info available anywhere? In case you can't tell, I'm really looking forward to getting additional HD selections.

Well, October is quickly drawing to a close. Any word on the launch date of the new satellite D12? I seem to remember a mention of a launch date sometime in October? Being relatively new to this site and and to D* I'm wondering if D* posts information on the launch and its success? If not, is that info available anywhere? In case you can't tell, I'm really looking forward to getting additional HD selections.

Last I heard it would be late Nov. probably into Dec.

gotta keep in mind.. once you hear something.. its not a solid decisions. over and over and over again D* will change their mind or it isnt ready to launch.

maybe getting a few tweaks fixed or just not ready bc someone forgot a b-day party to attend to..

it'll get launched.. when????, the day it launches... when will that be? when the rockets fire the boosters...

i could keep going but no set date. first it was OCT.. now its NOV or possible DEC. im guessing after the first of the year.

gotta keep in mind.. once you hear something.. its not a solid decisions. over and over and over again D* will change their mind or it isnt ready to launch.

maybe getting a few tweaks fixed or just not ready bc someone forgot a b-day party to attend to..

it'll get launched.. when????, the day it launches... when will that be? when the rockets fire the boosters...

i could keep going but no set date. first it was OCT.. now its NOV or possible DEC. im guessing after the first of the year.

Of course your kidding here ....

HD locals not up. Dwrecktv has worst 16:9 scaling definition on SD locals that I've ever seen. 13 months and I'm outta here(Diwrecktv).:D

HD locals not up. Dwrecktv has worst 16:9 scaling definition on SD locals that I've ever seen. 13 months and I'm outta here(Diwrecktv).:D

Toto I am myself thinking of bailing on Directv but am having second thoughts because I am hearing mixed reviews on Dish HD pic quality. Any input? Is that the way you are going? If Directv is really planning on more National HD rather soon that makes this choice even harder.

My question would be ......... Why are you still watching SD TV, I haven't watched a non HD show in several years now.

Toto I am myself thinking of bailing on Directv but am having second thoughts because I am hearing mixed reviews on Dish HD pic quality. Any input? Is that the way you are going? If Directv is really planning on more National HD rather soon that makes this choice even harder.

jeremiahpreston,
The sat will go up by the end of the year .... I would expect new HD channels by March at the latest.
More than likely sooner than that.

Hey I am always looking to leave this podunk place they transferred me too, but I have limits. After 13 years in Phoenix I can be very picky you know. I assume you are talking about Ohio? Maybe a bit too much weather for me. If you got anything in Central AZ I'm your man!

Hey I am always looking to leave this podunk place they transferred me too, but I have limits. After 13 years in Phoenix I can be very picky you know. I assume you are talking about Ohio? Maybe a bit too much weather for me. If you got anything in Central AZ I'm your man!

pussy.

LOL jk.. come on!! bite the weather abit. its fun working in the snow when you get a Upgrade in the middle of a blizzard!

You probably would not like it here, it's usually between 0* and 90* and we get rain and snow ......
Have you ever experienced SNOW ?, I think you have, but not sure.

If I had anything in Central AZ, I would call it VACATION !

I didn't know that you moved back to AZ :up

The best information about Russian launches comes from someone who posts as anik in the nasaspaceflight.com website. The latest thinking is that the earliest possible launch date for D12 is the last week of December. This is based on an uneventful launch of Eutelsat W7 on November 18th.

Of course this assumes:

* Boeing delivers the bird in time (not common, but they've been given a built-in delay)

* the rocket manufacturers deliver the launch vehicle and engines in time

* the weather cooperates

Status
Please reply by conversation.