Satellite pole

Status
Please reply by conversation.
We will get you there Bryan. I told you it will be a steep learning curve the way you want to go about it. :)

My signal reading is 45% when I delve into that Installation Menu. I need to get a new cable so I can hook the motor back up though. There must be something wrong with the one I got in the installation kit because every time I hook it back up I get the green blinking light.

If I was closer I would have already went by and helped him. It really helps to have someone there to help you understand.

My signal reading is 45% when I delve into that Installation Menu. I need to get a new cable so I can hook the motor back up though. There must be something wrong with the one I got in the installation kit because every time I hook it back up I get the green blinking light.

If the coax cable that came with the kit is shorting out, look at each end of the cable and see if one of the shield braid wires is touching or wrapped around the center conductor. If so, remove the offending wire.

There are two readings Signal Level and Signal Quality. 45% Signal Level reading just indicates that the microHD is connected to a working LNBF. The receiver may not be set up properly. No Signal Quality reading indicates that either the menus are not configured, the dish is not aimed or the LNBF rotation is not set.

Could you review and answer my questions to the best of your understanding and maybe even take a photo of the Motor / Switch Setting menu screen?

If the coax cable that came with the kit is shorting out, look at each end of the cable and see if one of the shield braid wires is touching or wrapped around the center conductor. If so, remove the offending wire.

There are two readings Signal Level and Signal Quality. 45% Signal Level reading just indicates that the microHD is connected to a working LNBF. The receiver may not be set up properly. No Signal Quality reading indicates that either the menus are not configured, the dish is not aimed or the LNBF rotation is not set.

Could you review and answer my questions to the best of your understanding and maybe even take a photo of the Motor / Switch Setting menu screen?

I sure will when I get home. Hopefully I will have time tonight. Today was my first day back to work.

IMAG0470.jpgIMAG0471.jpgIMAG0472.jpgIMAG0473.jpgIMAG0474.jpgIMAG0475.jpgIMAG0476.jpg

Other info to come later.

Latitude is set wrong. Should be 38.5

Could you take a close-up photo of the elevation scale on the other side of the motor?

The dish angle setting looks too low. Appears to be set at 20 degrees?

Is the pole perfectly plumb and level?

Is the microHD aset-up for USALS and your Longitude and Latitude correctly entered?

Is satellite 83w K AMC9 selected with USALS activated? Did the dish move slightly from the 0 (zero) position?

Is the microHD set to default LNB LO frequency 10750?

Is the microHD set to preprogrammed transponder frequency 11735?

Do you have a small TV and the receiver set-up next to the dish so you can see the Signal Quality meter?

Did you download the expanded GEOSATpro microHD manual with the step by step installation guide?

Please take a few more photos of the set-up from different angles and include close-ups of the settings.

How do I set the latitude and longitude?

Sent from my Transformer TF101

the microHD motor control needs to be selected to USALS. With USALS highlighted, a second screen is displayed by pressing the List/OK key. Owners Manual page 30 or extended manual page Pages 41 & 42.

Be sure to enter the Longitude as West and the Latitude as North.

I can't seem to figure out what my dish elevation should be. I have the motor elevation figured out to be 38.9.

I ordered a signal meter that should be here today.

Last edited:
Yours may be slightly different than my dish is in Cincinnati...mine is at 24 degrees I think. If everything else is correct, motor etc...you can raise or lower the front of the dish to acquire a signal.

I can't seem to figure out what my dish elevation should be. I have the motor elevation figured out to be 38.9.

I ordered a signal meter that should be here today.
Did you try the suggested motor and dish settings that I calculated for you in post 36? http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/301018-Satellite-pole?p=3062743#post3062743

• Set the motor elevation scale to your latitude of approximately 38.5 degree marking
  • Reference page 83 or use the STAB site dish angle calculator: http://www.stab-italia.com/maps.php indicates the dish elevation angle to be set at: 38.9 degrees

The satellite receiver's meter will provide more information than a signal meter. It will confirm that the LNBF is active and that the dish is aimed at a satellite, but it wont provide much more information.

Last edited:
Yours may be slightly different than my dish is in Cincinnati...mine is at 24 degrees I think. If everything else is correct, motor etc...you can raise or lower the front of the dish to acquire a signal.

You do not have a Stab HH90. Your set-up is for a completely different motor and calculation. Review the HH90 install guide and you will see that the motor is set-up much differently than a SG2100 or other similar motor.

Did you try the suggested motor and dish settings that I calculated for you in post 36? http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/301018-Satellite-pole?p=3062743#post3062743

• Set the motor elevation scale to your latitude of approximately 38.5 degree marking
  • Reference page 83 or use the STAB site dish angle calculator: http://www.stab-italia.com/maps.php indicates the dish elevation angle to be set at: 38.9 degrees

The satellite receiver's meter will provide more information than a signal meter. It will confirm that the LNBF is active and that the dish is aimed at a satellite, but it wont provide much more information.

Sorry I missed the second part. I cleaned the cable and now the motor is hooked back up and working. I set those positions but I didn't have enough daylight to start playing with it. I will do that on Saturday. Thanks for the help.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.

However painful it might seem, I strongly suggest you remove the motor, and put the dish directly on the pole.

Having it all down at ground level (as you do) will make all the difference in the world.
That's a piece of advice a lot of beginners ignore.
Imagine trying to do this on your roof! ;)

As with anything, learn to crawl, then take baby steps, then run a marathon. :)

OK I got signal on 83w k amc9 so how do I save this in the right place? Also my signal strength is 90 and quality is 63-67 what should it be?

Sent from my Transformer TF101

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)