satellite prices and the economy

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I did one better. FTA and a UHF TV antenna.

I am on the Free Cents per month plan.

I have cable,Fta and 4dtv but I only use 4dtv and Fta.
I want to stop subscribing for cable but my kids won't let me someone offered me a second bud I don't know if I'm gonna take it I tought if I take it I'm gonna like buy a newer receiver for me and give the Pansat 6000 to the kids and buy a second 4dtv and subscribe like A la Carte to the kids channels and find a way to kind of split the signal to 2 rooms and I can split my signal to the bedroom also so I can watch C band in the bedroom also.
But the Kids don't want that so I'll have to stick with cable and I have my 4dtv and Pansat just for hobby.
If young people of today would think differently then I could save a lot of money but that's life.

Great Link, Johnny.

I nominate this thread to be shared with the FTA Shack Forum

I think that the argument contained inside:

The cable TV industry has long argued that pricing individual channels would result in higher prices and fewer choices for all consumers.

is BS...

Basically, I think pricing individual channels would result in higher prices for consumers per channel, but I believe most people would pay less per month because they would be paying for fewer channels and not paying for channels THEY NEVER WATCH.

Great Link, Johnny.

The cable TV industry has long argued that pricing individual channels would result in higher prices and fewer choices for all consumers.

is BS...

Basically, I think pricing individual channels would result in higher prices for consumers per channel, but I believe most people would pay less per month because they would be paying for fewer channels and not paying for channels THEY NEVER WATCH.
Man I have been arguing that for years!

Personily it just pisses me off to think that we have to pay for any TV, we own the air waves, but we allowed the government to sell us out on that one, most channels make their money on advertising, if we the people would just stop paying for any programming how long do you think it would take ESPN and the others to say ok FREE, I don't think it would take all that long, once their advertisers told them sorry but you don't have any viewership they would decide free to the public was just fine!
Terry

Great Link, Johnny.

is BS...

I agree. But then the satellite cable companies would have to drop things like the shopping channels. I know I would not subscribe to them and 99% of the others:D.

Also (I Know Dish NET does it) the satellite and cable companies would find it harder to insert different commercials in the advertising slots. Then charge the advertises for several million viewers. I have seen different ads running on Fox News cable then the ones on Dish Net. When I was at a friends house he showed me this. He brought up Dish Net and cable on a split screen both had the some program on but during the commercials the ads were different.

He showed me the same thing on his 4DTV when he had a subscription with NPS. The ads on all three were different. Satellite and cable companies have to be making money from this.

:rant:On
It's us poor consumers who pay for things we don't want, both programming and commercials
:rant:Off

Don't forget the multiple hours of infomercials these lame cable channels show were paying for. :mad:

Infomercials is exactly why I dropped directv a few years ago. I am thinking...I am paying them to get the channels and other companies are paying them as well to put up infomercials all night when I actually watch tv.

Fta, OTA and some alacarte 4dtv. When 4dtv is gone it will be fta and ota only. I am not signing any two year contracts and fork out 100.00 per month for pizza pan service.

$100 a month, $1200 a year, $2400 before the contract runs out. Here's a picture of the only pizza service I will have :D

Attachments

• pizzadish.jpg
    pizzadish.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 140
$100 a month, $1200 a year, $2400 before the contract runs out. Here's a picture of the only pizza service I will have :D

But, but, but, where's the pepperoni? Now you got me hungry for a pizza tonight!:)

Fta, OTA and some alacarte 4dtv. When 4dtv is gone it will be fta and ota only. I am not signing any two year contracts and fork out 100.00 per month for pizza pan service.

Where are you getting $100 a month? Sure if you have the top package or a bunch of movies but I recently got D*. Yeah I know "oh my god Berg went with pizza" but Directv has 3 things the 4DTV do not have
-MLB Net
-my local FSN (for the Twins baseball)
-a DVR ;)

so I went with Directv. Sure its a 2 year agreement (what isnt now a days) but for 38 bucks for a year I have what I want. Plus I bundled with my Telco so I saved even more :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.