satellite problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hadm7

Original poster
Mar 30, 2008
hello I'm new in this, i have a sonicview 4000, 36" dish and a couple of universal lnb's, yesterday a tried to get galaxy 25 but i could'nt get any quality, i got 78% of signal but without any results. Can sombody what am i doing wrong. these are the settings in the receiver:
lnb Ty: universal, lnb frec: 9750/10600, transp:11874 and the 22kh automaticly is AUTO.

please help me i would appreciate.
thanks

hello I'm new in this, i have a sonicview 4000, 36" dish and a couple of universal lnb's, yesterday a tried to get galaxy 25 but i could'nt get any quality, i got 78% of signal but without any results. Can sombody what am i doing wrong. these are the settings in the receiver:
lnb Ty: universal, lnb frec: 9750/10600, transp:11874 and the 22kh automaticly is AUTO.

please help me i would appreciate.
thanks

By 22kh are you referring to SYMBOL RATE or 22kHz being Auto?

Symbol Rate cannot be Auto.

Your 22KHz setting will be AUTO when the LNB Type is set to Universal. This is quite normal.

Is the receiver connected directly to 1 universal LNBF?

Is the LNBF Skew (rotation) set to the correct angle? See GeoSatFinder - Satellite Finder Calculator - Satellite AV

Try TP 12177 as it is a much stronger signal for locating Galaxy 25.

i tried connected directly to the receiver and connected with a sat finder, also a rotated the lnb with different angles without any lock and i tried TP 12177 and nothing happened.

i don't know if the settings that i have are wrong please let me know.

Take the signal meter out of line. Signal meters are often capable of switching the polarity or sending a 22KHz tone, which could result in the receiver not finding a signal. Many signal meters will not work with or detect a signal from an Universal LNBF.

LNB Power set to ON?

Set the LNBF Skew to the approximate position and leave it alone until you find a signal.

What brand of dish? How are you determining the elevation angle? Many dishes have inaccurate elevation markings, so you may need to adjust the elevation considerably to locate the satellite.

Take the signal meter out of line. Signal meters are often capable of switching the polarity or sending a 22KHz tone, which could result in the receiver not finding a signal. Many signal meters will not work with or detect a signal from an Universal LNBF.

LNB Power set to ON?

Set the LNBF Skew to the approximate position and leave it alone until you find a signal.

What brand of dish? How are you determining the elevation angle? Many dishes have inaccurate elevation markings, so you may need to adjust the elevation considerably to locate the satellite.

yes the lnb is ON. The dish is a fortec star 36" and i went to dishpointer website and got the elevtion angle. Somthing you need to know my dish has a little scratch on the paint i don't know if these could be a problem. let me know. the thing is that a have 2 circular lnb's in the same dish and i get 99% of quality for other satellites

The dish is a fortec star 36" and i went to dishpointer website and got the elevtion angle.

One of my Fortec Star dishes needed an additional 4 degrees to get the correct elevation, many others here have had similar experiences. I would suggest raising the dish by one or two degrees at a time and slowly pan and scan for a signal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)