Satellite Testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Is it just me, or was anyone else somewhat surprised to hear them say that this brand new satellite technology was using tube amps, and not solid state? Aren't we a little past "analog" once we launch something into space? I have a tube amp, and while it makes great music, it is frigging hot and has occasionally blown a tube. Are they going to launch a shuttle mission to unscrew the old tube and insert another one? This all just seems odd to me... :confused:

Well, consider this... first off, when out of the direct rays of the sun, space is a very cold vacuum... it doesn't sound like there's much out there to affect the tubes.

I just love the commentary that they let it drift into position.

At least they have done this enough times to do it right, but to let it "drift" Wow.

I just love the commentary that they let it drift into position.

At least they have done this enough times to do it right, but to let it "drift" Wow.

I remember reading it was definitely a single person and we think they lost their career from it. Not only did it delay things, but they had to expend a ton of spare fuel to get it back in alignment. It was a really bad human error. I highly doubt that will happen again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)