Satellite to PC

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sdsat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
I stumbled on to a bunch of links to various satellite to PC software sites. They claim to give you up to 3000 channels from satellite over the internet. All you have to do is purchase the software for less than $100. I did a search or two and couldn't find any information about how they are claiming to do this. Their websites all claim this is 100% legal. But, they take steps to get you hooked before they tell you what you actually receive.

I'm sure this is a scam. But, I'm still curious what they are doing. Anyone have any knowledge? Here is an example of the type of website I'm talking about:

http://www.satellitetvtopc.com/?hop=joshyblue

Yep, scam.

The only value I can think of, is it would put the streams in one program (as opposed to googling, or using lyngsats links), hardly worth 100 bucks (there are lots that do this free), and chances are once the stream urls changed for the streams (read: once the stream providers find out people are using an app that they don't profit from (no ad revenue) and is sucking their bandwidth up), they'll change the url, breaking the application, and although some may offer updates, most stream providers will simply use another method that the offending application can't deal with (such as serving the stream through flash or proprietary player), either way the customer gets screwed.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts