Satellite TV on computer ?

Clancy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 3, 2006
I noticed on this forum an Ads by Google for Satellite TV on Your PC.

Have any members any experience or information to offer about this particular product?

There are no listings as to what channels are available. It would appear that this information is given after purchasing.
Anyone know what the channels are?
Thanks. :confused:

Thanks abricko and Scott for your replies.

This particular add when read does not appear to be the same as the Slingbox features.
I may be wrong on this but it looks different. :confused:

Thanks abricko and Scott for your replies.

This particular add when read does not appear to be the same as the Slingbox features.
I may be wrong on this but it looks different. :confused:

Only other options that I know of are to hook up a capture card to your PC and run a satellite receiver into it or to get a DVB card for FTA satellite.

I have Windows XP Media Center. I split my satellite signal on the output side of the satellite box and ran cable to the computer. Whatever is shown on the TV also is on the computer.

I also have a USB TV Tuner for my laptop and have run the feed to this device and it works fine.

If I had a dual tuner, then I could watch on prgoram on the PC while my wife watches a different program on the TV.

What they mean I think is that they give you tv channels over the internet. They sell you software that probably just links you to a bunch of internet tv stations that you can find free and try to make money off it, mainly channels in other languages and low bitrate stuff.

This is just what I think, You can try it but I doubt you will be happy.

What they mean I think is that they give you tv channels over the internet. They sell you software that probably just links you to a bunch of internet tv stations that you can find free and try to make money off it, mainly channels in other languages and low bitrate stuff.

This is just what I think, You can try it but I doubt you will be happy.

Thanks for reading the add and I think you have the correct answer.
I wasn't sure one way or the other but you confirm what I thought. :up

Are you referring to SATV2PC? I saw this on the Slingbox site and it says that you get 3000+ channels on your PC for only the cost of the software ($49.95 one time download). Anyone checked this out yet?

Are you referring to SATV2PC? I saw this on the Slingbox site and it says that you get 3000+ channels on your PC for only the cost of the software ($49.95 one time download). Anyone checked this out yet?

This is similar. I was talking about Top 25 WorkatHome ad .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts