Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
SATELLITE TV PIRATE SENTENCED TO 14 MONTHS IN FEDERAL PRISON AFTER PLEADING GUILTY TO ILLEGALLY REBROADCASTING DISH NETWORK’S PROGRAMMING

Englewood, Colo., October 21, 2008 – DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), the nation’s third largest pay-TV provider, today announced that Glenn White, a known satellite TV pirate, was sentenced to 14 months in federal prison after pleading guilty to illegally rebroadcasting DISH Network’s programming.

In July 2006, the FBI conducted a search and seizure of Mr. White’s business office and cable distribution center, doing business as Wagram Cable, in Wagram, N.C. The search and seizure orders were executed based on findings of piracy and rebroadcasting of DISH Network’s programming without authorization to Wagram Cable subscribers.

During the search, the FBI seized a substantial amount of evidence from both sites. DISH Network receivers containing piracy devices were found at the business office, and numerous DISH Network receivers, some containing piracy devices, were found installed in the cable distribution system.

In November 2007, Mr. White reached a plea agreement with federal prosecutors, resulting in guilty plea for two federal charges. The first charge was violation of Title 47, United States Code, Sections 605 (a) and (e) (2), “willfully divulging and publishing intercepted encrypted satellite television signals for private and financial gain.” The second charge was violation of Title 47, United States Code, Section 605 (e) (4), “manufacturing, assembling, modifying and distributing satellite decryption devices.”

DISH Network will continue to fight those who aid or participate in illegally breaking into encrypted DISH Network TV channels and set-top boxes.

LOL! What a dumb-ass...must have had a good lawyer to only get 14 months...bet Dish wanted him UNDER the jail forever as an example to others. How stupid can this guy be to think he'd never get caught redistributing pirated signals to "his" customers. LOL again!

I can't imagine being a subscriber to such a shady business. Must have been interesting when the receivers got hit, how do you explain that to your customers? What an idiot!

Interesting he was using hacked Dish Network receivers, not hacked FTA receivers. Might settle an argument from the other day in the smart card thread.

Didn't his "customers" wonder why they were getting so many adds for Dish PPV?

Really does seem awfully light. And they don't mention financial damages or fines.

He was only found guilty of rebroadcasting Dish Network’s programming. He probably had Dish subbed receivers for a reliable signal. If he was using hacked Dish or FTA receivers, customers would constantly loose their programming for days at a time every time Dish sent out an ECM.

Should have gotten more time seeing that he was stealing, then profiting from what he was stealing. Plus federal prison? He got off way too easy.

The world is full of idiots.

I'm wondering about psychical parameters of the setup.
Lets say he sold 500 channels, so there was 500 receivers/cards;
each one taking 50W, so his bill should go up 25kWx24x30 ~ 1800 kWh per months.
Each IRD 2" tall, so full height should be 30 yards.
Now you should count A/C - how much kilo calories it should take out ?

Too harsh. This was a non violent crime. Slap on the wrist and fine would've been enough. Anything over six months in prison for this nonsense isn't justice.

sure... i suppose the Enron guys shoulda just got a slap on the wrist too.

If you can't do the time... don't do the crime. This guy was blatantly stealing and charging others.

Hmmm. I think I'll tap the electric lines coming into my subdivision and start my own "electrical company"....

Yes, I'm sure Dish wanted him buried, but c'mon.. It's not like they gave him 20 years... it's 14 months and sends a message that stealing is not ok.

I'm wondering about psychical parameters of the setup.
Lets say he sold 500 channels, so there was 500 receivers/cards;
each one taking 50W, so his bill should go up 25kWx24x30 ~ 1800 kWh per months.
Each IRD 2" tall, so full height should be 30 yards.
Now you should count A/C - how much kilo calories it should take out ?

That is a thought to ponder... :eureka

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts