Satellite TV spot on Beyond 2000 (80s?)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
So I'm not sure what board this belongs on but I will throw it down here, I think y'all will like it. I was browsing reddit and someone had linked to a youtube channel with many Beyond 2000 episodes. This was one of my favorite shows when I was a kid. I was watching some this morning and here is a spot all about home satellite communications.

Forget about home sat, keep watching past the eiffel tower, then you will get to the plastic engine for a race car!

I have always wondered why so many critical parts on a car or truck engine were made of plastic! (plastic intake manifolds,with passages that carry very hot coolant- and others. The worst is Fords plastic thermostat housing,the hottest place in the cooling system)

Oh! Wait a minute! Those things are job security for me if I see them BEFORE the engine is ruined by overheating!

They usually make it past the warranty period like the plastic ellbo heater fittings on GM cars and the plastic intake manifold gaskets on GM trucks!

These things make you wonder? Planned ahead failure or are they getting us ready for throwaway cars?

To be fair,I admit that the engine in the video is made with carbon fiber, not plastic!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts