Satellite TV With PC MC

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stevewabc

Original poster
Dec 28, 2010
United States
I have been reading and trying to under understand this but now I'm really lost and need some help here. I will list What I have and what I would like and wait to here from you folks.

I Have:
I pay for DishTV
I Have a Dish 500 w/ DPP Twin id# unknown came with me 322 setup
Windows 7 Running MediaPortal MC w/ OTA and running all 3 TV's from my severver...

What I want:
PCI or PCI-E Card with daul Tunners (watch & Record Same Time)
Do I need a PCI card with ConaxSat?
Dump the Dish TV box.
I would Like to Get FTA and maybe drop my provider
I was Told I could Get 110- 119 Channels? And if not with FTA What Channels Could I get?

I think something like this has been posted some were but Im unable to find it..

Thank You All For Your Time.

you wont get dish channels without paying for them. as far as i know the only solution to get your dish channels with anything other than dish irds is to serve your card to the app with something like a dreambox. im not sure this can be discussed here.

crackt out,.

Thanks, crackt

To be honest I don't really care about DishTV anymore... is there a place I can see what Channels I would get with FTA... Will I gain more over the Basic 2,4,5,9,11, 23, 29 and Ion that Im getting from OTA? What is the best satellite card today?

Got to love them noob's

Thanks again, crackt

Can someone give me there input on using a dishTV 500 for FTA?

All these Question will help me set a budget for my FTA system.... thank you all for you help!

Thanks again, crackt

Can someone give me there input on using a dishTV 500 for FTA?

A small DBS dish might be fun to play with and experiment, but only the strongest KU-band transponders will be received if a linear FSS LNBF is mounted in place of the existing circular DBS LNBFs. Check out the eBay link in the signature below for a great deal on a more appropriately sized 90cm/36" dishand LNBF, which will provide more entertainment and less frustration as you start the FTA hobby.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)