Satelliteguys Exclusive- Yambeka 5 Speaker HT

New Member - would like more reviews please :)

I've been lurking for awhile now, but finally decided to register. Would definitely be interested in more reviews on these speakers, and what if anything you are comparing them against.

Thanks for your time.

I replaced my Sony STR-D965 with a Pioneer VSX-816. It's quite capable for the price and I really like the auto-setup feature and the on-tv-screen menus. HDMI really doesn't get handled well by AV receivers until you pay $800 or better so I just use an HDMI switcher I got from Monoprice instead and the Pioneer handles all the sound. You can get a receiver that will convert component/s-video to HDMI but only at 480p and those run $400 or more so I passed that up. It would reduce the cabling to my projector but I'm not bothered by HDMI and component to the projector right now.

I've been looking at that same receiver.

What do you think of it? How does it handle the 7.1 for everything coded for 5.1?

I've been looking at that same receiver.

What do you think of it? How does it handle the 7.1 for everything coded for 5.1?

Unfortunately, I only have it setup for 5.1 since my room is only 12 X 12 - I have no room to add the rear two speakers! I use the rear two as channel B speakers wired to another room for music.

I really like it. Music sounds great and movies are served quite well. The auto setup included setting the crossover to the sub so I don't have to tweak that on the sub amp anymore. The last time I had a high end receiver was 1989 - a 65lb Onkyo that could push some serious sound.

did anyone enquire about a subwoofer?

I think I am going to jump on this deal today, for the 7 speaker set up.

Just jumped on this deal!! Got the 7 speaker system coming to me. Should be shipped today.

I need to do some wiring this weekend for our back speakers. I won't be able to do a true test of the surround sound until I get a new receiver. I may try to tie the 4 surround speakers on my back channel ports on my receiver for now.

did anyone enquire about a subwoofer?

I think I am going to jump on this deal today, for the 7 speaker set up.

I talked to Brian this week about that, he told me that in 3-4 weeks they should have tested several sub candidates for this set. He offered to send me one to test as soon as he had made the choice. (I bought 5 sets of speakers, hence the offer) I'll post reviews the moment I have it.

For now, a great and inexpensive choice to add to the set (even if it does cost as much as the entire 5-speaker system) is the JBL Northridge E150. Great sound for abt $150. You can also find some Yamaha subs for like $75 on different e-tailers that sound decent enough.

I have a Jensen sub right now. It does the job fine, but it gives off feedback, even with nothing going to it.

I do think it's my receiver though, as I've gone through 2 Jensen subwoofers and they both did the same thing.

Sounds like a ground fault loop to me...I had the problem when my cable tv (back in the day) wasn't grounded when it came from the box outside. I had to physically ground it, and all my hums went away.

I hadn't thought of that and may do that when I go to rewire my living room this weekend in anticipation of my 7-speaker system coming to me. :)

Well, my speakers are set to be delivered tomorrow. YEAY!!

Not bad considering I just ordered them yesterday.

okay guys so i got my speakers on the 27 unpacked and hooked up i ggot the 5 speaker set plus addtional center speaker well i hook then up and i notice on my front center speaker when unpacked i shake it and hear things moving i then remove plastic port piece and peel back cotten and find 2 rubber gromits
so i then send email to yambeka and speak to brian he says np well send replacement right out and ship original back when it fits your schedule

get replacement today hookup and all good

the customer service seems great, i hope if any others deal with yambeka's customer support they have as positive an experience as i did

now just need to send original speaker back, tobe done tomorrow

thanks digital dude and yambeka

I would be interested in hearing more reviews on these speakers; Perhaps a comparison to the speakers you are replacing or some others you considered? I know it's a very personal thing and biased, but i would still be interested in hearing more about it ;-)

I'd also like to know how to get the deal earlier mentioned; I can't seem to change the price in paypal.

Thanks for your time

Well in my initial review they did very compared to my Energy setup. You've seen how happy people are with them and the outstanding customer service.

Why don't you give the guy at Yambeka a call? His number is in the review.

I would be interested in hearing more reviews on these speakers; Perhaps a comparison to the speakers you are replacing or some others you considered? I know it's a very personal thing and biased, but i would still be interested in hearing more about it ;-)

I'd also like to know how to get the deal earlier mentioned; I can't seem to change the price in paypal.

Thanks for your time

I went to their website and got Brian's email address directly and emailed him. I told him who I was and that I was with Satelliteguys. I told him which set I wanted and he said he would email me the Paypal request which he did. He was VERY nice in his reply back to me and wanted to thank Satelliteguys for helping spread the word about these speakers.

Word of mouth advertising can indeed be a very powerful force, esp. for a small up-and-coming company. I'm just days away from ordering a set myself -- just waiting for ye ole tax return to be deposited before the 9th, so i can have some mad money to "invest." :D

You guys talked me into it; I inquired about the special and got an e-mail back within minutes.

I'm a big fan of customer service, and that's a good start. I placed an order just a few minutes after I got the e-mail about the special. I'll be willing to share my views with my friends (and this forum) next week :) Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)