Status
Please reply by conversation.

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
From DIRECTV
DIRECTV customers with advanced receivers will activate ScoreGuide™, a new on-screen feature of DIRECTVs industry-leading program guide.
To use push the red button the pop up screen will appear on the right side of your screen, on the left side of that will be the sports you can choose, MLB AL, MLB NL, NBA & NHL for now on top of this is a minimize button that will compress it to a small popup showing the game you are interested in.
You Can select the sport then the game and press channel info and it will tell you what channels that game is available on to go back push the left arrow to back out to the mail window.
Viewers will be alerted to ScoreGuide by a small on-screen icon and have access to the new feature on more than 200 DIRECTV sports channels, including regional sports networks, DIRECTV sports subscription channels (channels 700-799), and national cable networks that primarily cover sports.
Hint to see the screencaps easier Click Here then scroll over the first shot...

Attachments

• scoreguide.jpg
    scoreguide.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 1,172
  • scoreguide 1.jpg
    scoreguide 1.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 544
  • scoreguide mlb nl.jpg
    scoreguide mlb nl.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 522
  • scoreguide mlb nl info.jpg
    scoreguide mlb nl info.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 645
  • scoreguide nhl info.jpg
    scoreguide nhl info.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 431
  • scoreguide nhl.jpg
    scoreguide nhl.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 488
  • scoreguide minimize.jpg
    scoreguide minimize.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 548
  • scoreguide minimized.jpg
    scoreguide minimized.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 441
  • ScoreGuide.mov
    7.9 MB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Tips From DirecTV
(1) All D and H Products:
Issue: Closed Captioning may not be appearing on channels with Interactive applications.
Example: News & Sports MIX channels, The Weather Channel, Sports channels that have ScoreGuide functionality (RSN , 700's, ESPN etc)

What to Do:
Advise to hit the EXIT button to stop the interactive application, this allows the functionality to return.
Advise that DIRECTV is working to resolve. Please escalate any concerns here or new issues here.

(2) All D, H, R15/16 Products : The Blue (mini-guide) and Yellow (TV Options) remote control buttons may not work on some channels.
Example: News & Sports MIX channels, The Weather Channel, Sports channels that have ScoreGuide functionality (RSN , 700's, ESPN etc)

What to Do: .
Advise to hit the EXIT button then re-hit the Blue or Yellow buttons and remote control functionality should return.
Advise that DIRECTV is working to resolve. Please escalate any concerns here or new issues here.

Last edited:
This feature prevents the function of the yellow button! It also slows down the function of the remote.

I posted this feature on the interactive thread I started. I noticed it worked on the SD RSNs already. Any word if it will work on the HD RSNs.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/172420-hr2x-interactive-features.html

Noticed that they have a new interactive feature on the RSNs called, "scoreguide". It only works on the SD stations for me now.

I wanted to create a list of interactive features on the HRs so posters see everything these receivers are capable of.

HRs interactive features:

• Interactive game mix channels on LP, CI, EI, ST, MM, ex. 8 channels shown on each. Arrow keys allow for scrolling and colored keys bring up features
  • Score Guide on RSNs using the red button. (Allows you to access current scores of any professinal game currently going on or completed)
  • Interactive features on sports package channels using colored buttons (scores, standings, ex)
  • Sports mix of 8 different sports channels. (Use arrows to navigate)
  • News mix of 8 different news channels. (Use arrows to navigate)
  • VOD correlated with each channel (for example TLC is 280 so TLC VOD is 1280).
  • The Weather Channel Locals
  • Active key for Active Menu (Contains local weather, horoscope, top shows currently showing, ex).
  • Internet programming of your DVR from any computer or phone (including the new iPhone Application)
  • DirecTV2PC (allows you to view recorded programs from your DVR on your computer)
  • Mediashare (allows for you DVR to view photos, play songs, and watch some video content off of your computer)
  • Game Search (allows you to find a game on another channel when one is blacked out in your area)
  • MRV (Network all DVRs and other recievers to view content on any reciever from any DVR in the house)
  • Caller ID (Displays your caller ID on your TV and keeps a log of all calls received)
  • Game Lounge (play several games off of your receiver using your remote control)
  • 1080p VOD (currently over 30 movies to choose from). Can be all be downloaded to your DVR using broadband (Currently 10 movies can be downloaded directly from the satellite).

Just tried in on the HD EI channels and it works there. It is the red button, not the yellow button. The yellow button still works to bring up the same menu as before.

Works on the RSN channels as well (SD only right now).

This feature prevents the function of the yellow button! It also slows down the function of the remote.
Yellow button works for me and my remote works just as fast. Perhaps it only affected those who downloaded the CE???

They have advanced features like this with NFL Sunday Ticket and Super Fan. I end up not using them. As much as the interactive stuff is neat, its usually too slow and I am a passive watcher. On ST, I ended up just staying on HD Red Zone channel the whole time. I interact with my computer because it is way faster and more to my liking. Its an interesting start and idea, but unless its 10x faster than what the HR boxes are capable of, its probably a one time neat check out feature in my house.

Yellow button works for me and my remote works just as fast. Perhaps it only affected those who downloaded the CE???

Sorry, you are incorrect! I'm not running CE firmware. This feature DOES prevent the function of the yellow button. And, the remote control IS very slow responding.

I don't like this feature. It slows down the function of the remote and prevents the function of the yellow button.

Sorry, you are incorrect! I'm not running CE firmware. This feature DOES prevent the function of the yellow button. And, the remote control IS very slow responding.
Well, it works for me, separately and together. Attached is a picture of both the Scoreguide and the Yellow button menu up on my TV at the same time.

Attachments

• IMG_0693.JPG
    IMG_0693.JPG
    961.3 KB · Views: 408
I don't like this feature. It slows down the function of the remote and prevents the function of the yellow button.
You can keep repeating this, but it is not true. I have a picture in the above post to prove it. You are either doing something wrong or there is something wrong with your receiver???

Don't ever hit the Exit button as this tends to disable active features. If you do, change the channel and go back to activate it again.

Well, it works for me, separately and together. Attached is a picture of both the Scoreguide and the Yellow button menu up on my TV at the same time.

Is that using an H21-200?

Note: Other posters have also reported the yellow button not working, so it is not just me!

Is that using an H21-200?

Note: Other posters have also reported the yellow button not working, so it is not just me!
Then it could be your particular receiver or your type of receiver. I am using an HR20-100 and my dad has an HR21. Both functions work on both of our receivers (I just had my dad check his).

You can keep repeating this, but it is not true. I have a picture in the above post to prove it. You are either doing something wrong or there is something wrong with your receiver???

Don't ever hit the Exit button as this tends to disable active features. If you do, change the channel and go back to activate it again.

What I am reporting is TRUE!

I don't question that the yellow button does not work for you. I'm simply stating it does not work on H2X-XXX receivers.

I don't question that the yellow button does not work for you. I'm simply stating it does not work on H2X-XXX receivers.
It probably works on the HRs, but something happened to where it doesn't work on the Hs??? This could be true.

Perhaps if people who have HRs and/or Hs post if it works with their receiver or not, we can see if it is consistently affecting a particular model, or non DVRs only.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts