Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just had these photos sent to me.

These are shots under the hood of the new Dish 322 receivers.

I find it amazing that you can solder all those little parts together and have something that works when your done. :)

The wonders of SMT (surface mount technology) and 'MegaLegger' chips!

And that SatelliteGuys.US outfit sure does get around... they've got more stuff that Pat Pending!

I have some BroadCom components in my computer for internet access. How come can Dish Network not make their receivers as small as DirecTv can?

I know the 111 is going to be smaller than the 311 receivers but the 111 is not going to have as much functionality as the 311 is going to have (at least not going to have the RCA outputs on it). The DirecTv receivers have all those outputs on them and they are smaller. If anything the DirecTv receivers have better menu functionality with better graphics than the Dish receivers do.

Stargazer said:
I have some BroadCom components in my computer for internet access. How come can Dish Network not make their receivers as small as DirecTv can?

Who gives a crap? Its not like the 301/322 are large. You don't carry the STB around like a laptop or a cell phone. Its likey not "as small" just because it doesn't have to be.

Sometimes people will find anything to complain about.

Size does matter in my video cabinet. If I can get a set-top box that is actually small enough to put on top of the set then I can make room for a center channel speaker when I get my surround sound setup. The 111 isn't going to work for me because I really have to have the A/V jacks. A more feature-rich model comparable in size would be perfect for my situation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)