SatelliteGuys First Look Review - DISH Sling Adapter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Anybody get this to work on a blackberry curve 8520? I signed up for the intro email, but the link in the email to download the app is not working.

Anybody get this to work on a blackberry curve 8520? I signed up for the intro email, but the link in the email to download the app is not working.

msvman, I thought I was the only one who had this problem! I have a Bold 9700, and the link Dish sends me in the beta sign-up email always takes me to a page that says 'Dish Remote Access Not Available' and that my phone is not supported. But they openly state the beta supports the 8520, 8900, 9000, and 9700.

I've tried it by resetting my phone, following the 1-2-3 step process in the Dish Remote Access instructions, and nothing works.

Is there anyone here who has successfully downloaded and installed this app on their Blackberry?

msvman, I thought I was the only one who had this problem! I have a Bold 9700, and the link Dish sends me in the beta sign-up email always takes me to a page that says 'Dish Remote Access Not Available' and that my phone is not supported. But they openly state the beta supports the 8520, 8900, 9000, and 9700.

I've tried it by resetting my phone, following the 1-2-3 step process in the Dish Remote Access instructions, and nothing works.

Is there anyone here who has successfully downloaded and installed this app on their Blackberry?

I don't even get that far. I get an HTTP 500 internal server error when clicking the link.

Well, I think I have everything working correctly now. Not really too much of a problem.
I deleted the Dish Network app from my phone then redownloaded from the market. That didn't seem to do the job so I powered the phone to off and then when I turned it back on everything was working correctly.

I still had the issue with my cursor turning into a plus (+) sign when trying to watch using I.E. 8. After a little research, I found some info that said if you have a program installed called HP Smart Web printing (or something like that) it would conflict with the Dish Network web view. I deleted the HP Smar Web printing program and voila...the plus sign in gone and I can watch both live TV and/or DVR recordings.

Kind of a fun little piece of equipment!

I was curious were you found some more info this, you said you done some research. Thanks

Hi All

I have a 722K with a sling adapter connected directly to my home DSL service which has 2.5Mbps download and 365Kps upload. I have a few problems I need help with

1. I can watch tv from my computer but I can rarely do it via the Iphone. Could it be my DSL upload speed? What is the recommended upload speed? Could it be something else? Any help is appreciated.
2. When I connect through my PC my DVR Recordings won't show. If a recording is being watched in TV1 or was recently watched in TV2 it'll show up but none of the rest content shows up. What could be causing this?

You need to read the page on the DISH website that explains it all under: getting connected. The speed has to be at least 3 mbps or higher for upstream bandwith for viewing from outside home network. There are also pc requirements like : INtel 2.4 Ghz Core 2 duo class processor with 2 GB of RAM etc. Check on the DISH website and there is even a connectivity tool to check and see if you can sling from your computer. I had to upgrade my computer and my internet provider to get any sling at all ,other than sd video.

You need to read the page on the DISH website that explains it all under: getting connected. The speed has to be at least 3 mbps or higher for upstream bandwith for viewing from outside home network. There are also pc requirements like : INtel 2.4 Ghz Core 2 duo class processor with 2 GB of RAM etc. Check on the DISH website and there is even a connectivity tool to check and see if you can sling from your computer. I had to upgrade my computer and my internet provider to get any sling at all ,other than sd video.

Hi

I read Dish website and tested the connectivity and it says it would work and it also said a higher speed would help with the resolution and is working on my PC.

What I don't understand is why I can watch it on my PC but not on my iPhone if the upload speed requirement for mobile viewing should be less and also why aren't my DVR recordings refreshing.

Thanks.

Can give us a link to the connectivity tool? I can't seem to find it. Thanks

I haven't seen info on this yet. On the web viewer, are there any controls or hot keys when viewing in full screen mode? Like pause, play and skip forward. I chatted with tech support and the guy said there should be a popup menu at the bottom of the screen. I have yet to find that.

Hi

I read Dish website and tested the connectivity and it says it would work and it also said a higher speed would help with the resolution and is working on my PC.

What I don't understand is why I can watch it on my PC but not on my iPhone if the upload speed requirement for mobile viewing should be less and also why aren't my DVR recordings refreshing.

Thanks.

Sorry , I don't have any dealings with the I phone to comment on that.

A question that has been bugging me about the Sling adapter and use with the iPad (in my case). I know that you can view your DVR's stuff on the iPad with the Dish Remote app and while that would be handy, what would be handier would be if you could connect the iPad to the TV and give yourself a portable 'view anywhere' on a bigger screen.

Is there a connector/cable combo to go from iPad to HDMI and will the software allow mirroring? I know some software can, but not all.

Is there a connector/cable combo to go from iPad to HDMI and will the software allow mirroring? I know some software can, but not all.

I don't have first hand knowledge of this, but my guess for the moment would be no. The video out capabilities of the iPad is limited to analog video. The highest quality connection available is VGA. Which means no HDCP which would allow higher resolution output (or really any output at all) of copy protected content. You can even use the iPad to play iTunes video rentals back on a TV.

VIP DVR 612 Sorry to change subject but I have two dish 500's. One pointed at 110/119 & another at 129. Both have good signals & both work individually. An SW21 does not seem to work. How do I combiner these together?

I don't have first hand knowledge of this, but my guess for the moment would be no. The video out capabilities of the iPad is limited to analog video. The highest quality connection available is VGA. Which means no HDCP which would allow higher resolution output (or really any output at all) of copy protected content. You can even use the iPad to play iTunes video rentals back on a TV.

Thanks.

Since I posted that, I did some research on my own. Seems there is at least one HDMI adapter that will support both audio/video for the iPad. Here's a link to it : NOOSY iPad HDMI adapter, iPhone 4G HDMI adapter, iPod touch 4 HDMI adapter, 2 in 1 iPad camera connection kit, iPad camera connection kit, micro sim cutter, micro sim adapter_iPad HDMI Adapter

The description gives the impression that it just might do it, but nothing directly says that it will work with Dish Remote. I did see a YouTube of it demonstrating putting a video w/audio via HDMI on a TV.

So it seems that there is a hardware solution, but maybe not a software one. Hard to tell.

Thanks.

Since I posted that, I did some research on my own. Seems there is at least one HDMI adapter that will support both audio/video for the iPad. Here's a link to it : NOOSY iPad HDMI adapter, iPhone 4G HDMI adapter, iPod touch 4 HDMI adapter, 2 in 1 iPad camera connection kit, iPad camera connection kit, micro sim cutter, micro sim adapter_iPad HDMI Adapter

The description gives the impression that it just might do it, but nothing directly says that it will work with Dish Remote. I did see a YouTube of it demonstrating putting a video w/audio via HDMI on a TV.

So it seems that there is a hardware solution, but maybe not a software one. Hard to tell.

iLounge has a review of that adapter: Reviews: Noosy HDMI Adapter for iPad, iPhone 4 + iPod touch 4G | iLounge
I seems like video output is limited to media files and not applications. It could be too that those videos you've seen on YouTube were jailbroken devices.

VIP DVR 612 Sorry to change subject but I have two dish 500's. One pointed at 110/119 & another at 129. Both have good signals & both work individually. An SW21 does not seem to work. How do I combiner these together?
I see this is your first post.

You DON'T "change the subject", you would need to start a new thread. You might want to do a bit of searching BEFORE you post your question, as many questions have already been answered.

I was curious were you found some more info this, you said you done some research. Thanks

I apologize for not opening this thread for awhile. The little piece of info I found was not slingbox related but found when doing a search for anything that was related to the cursor changing to a plus (+) sign. That is where I fouind the info about clearing out the HP Smart Web printing.
Cursor turns to cross or plus sign when clicked on menus, New / Query / OK buttons, dropdowns, etc (1st Response) - Toolbox for IT Groups

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts