SatelliteGuys First Look: Video Innovations Products 3D Theater

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
SatelliteGuys.US proudly presents our first look at the Video Innovations 3D Theater, which can convert some FPTV's & HDTV's into 3D sets. Stuart628 and myself both got one of these products and want to share our findings with you.

Attachments

• 3DFINALVIP.pdf
    681.2 KB · Views: 2,602
I just saw a video on You Tube using this unit with a Epson HC 8100 projector. If this really offers decent 3d on my epson, i may be very interested when the price drops a bit.

I just saw a video on You Tube using this unit with a Epson HC 8100 projector. If this really offers decent 3d on my epson, i may be very interested when the price drops a bit.

I really dont think you can go wrong with this device...It seems to offer ALOT of flexibility and if you order with the rf glasses how nice would it be to lets say take a 3d movie to anywhere in your house...its a HUGE positive for me over other 3D converters!!!!

You will still need 3D equipment (bluray and cable and games) this just converts the signal into a readable signal for your tv or projector, it does not convert 2D into 3D

Wait, I read it, but this will allow you to display 3D on most current non 3D sets? Cool
If so, and the quality is good, then this might be the big boost 3D needs, and might be a viable alternative to buying a new set at the current time.

I'm looking to add a second monitor in my video edit work station. Like a 24" LCD for the purpose of outputting 3D from my second DVI output on my computer. It has a 3D capable video card, the nvidia geforce 8800GT. So, I guess I would need my DVI to hdmi cable and some active shutter glasses, right?

I'd be interested in if this converter will work with a computer video card and regular computer monitor. I have the option of outputting many different 3D formats. I don't think the DVI to hdmi adapter is 1.4 compliant but it does work for Blu-Ray 2D now.

Last edited:
Not interested at the price they are charging. Doubt I will ever upgrade to 3-D either. I like 3-D movies at the theater , but I 'm not interested in watching them at home with glasses.

If they at least included a couple pairs of glasses it would be a deal I would consider. Just not worth so much $$ to me at this time for 3D, especially when hollywood is putting out so many conversions to 3D instead of movies shot in 3D.

SatelliteGuys.US proudly presents our first look at the Video Innovations 3D Theater, which can convert some FPTV's & HDTV's into 3D sets. Stuart628 and myself both got one of these products and want to share our findings with you.

It is kina pricey...If the price was half of that I'm sure those dying to jump on the 3D bandwagon would go for it. I just actually got my 1st HD 3D TV just a couple of weeks ago. A 43 inch Samsung Plasma and not only was it just 650.00 it included 2 pair of 3D glasses. So for just 150 more than this VIP is listed for I think I got the better deal.

Claude Greiner said:
I was thinking of getting a new TV just for 3D, but I have held back due to the fact my 46 inch samsung LED TV cost me almost $4,000.

This is the perfect solution until they come out with TV's that don't require glasses.

46" Sammy for 4k???

I been rather against 3DTV because of 2 reasons. One, lack of 3D medium out there, and two, lack of quality 3D movies...but if the price comes down on the VIP I might consider getting one. At least it gives me a new toy to think about.:D

Ghpr13:)

I think this appeals to a lot of people who have sunk money into really nice projectors and like claude really nice tv's and dont want to go through an upgrade on their display device...this wont appeal to a person who buys a 1000 dollar tv because by the time its all said and done they will be buying another 1000 worth of equipment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)