SatelliteGuys First Look: Video Innovations Products 3D Theater

I think this appeals to a lot of people who have sunk money into really nice projectors and like claude really nice tv's and dont want to go through an upgrade on their display device...this wont appeal to a person who buys a 1000 dollar tv because by the time its all said and done they will be buying another 1000 worth of equipment.

exactly, i've got a nice epson 1080p projector. i would pay for one of these if the price was between $200-$300.

I'm interested in how it impacts picture qualtiy. The picture on my Pioneer 60" plasma is spectacular and it is fully calibrated. My understanding is that it would need to be much much brighter on a 3D picture because of the glasses. So I guess if I was to use something like this I would need to calibrate a super bright mode in order to compensate? Seems like that would be hard to do without losing a lot of the amazing detail that the Pioneer displays on the regular picture. But maybe I'm wrong.

I'm interested in how it impacts picture qualtiy. The picture on my Pioneer 60" plasma is spectacular and it is fully calibrated. My understanding is that it would need to be much much brighter on a 3D picture because of the glasses. So I guess if I was to use something like this I would need to calibrate a super bright mode in order to compensate? Seems like that would be hard to do without losing a lot of the amazing detail that the Pioneer displays on the regular picture. But maybe I'm wrong.
I havent seen a really negative impact on picture quality, let me toy around with it some more and I will let you know!

lakebum431 said:

I have Pioneer 151 and would never watch 3D on it if I could. I have a Sammy plasma that does 3D. You hit the nail on the head with the biggest problem concerning 3D. Brightness. With the glasses on a calibrated picture is way too dark for 3D IMO. With the loss of brightness there is a loss of sharpness. The next big step with 3D will be glassless IMO.

I want one of these devices for my 57" DLP but at 500 bucks I think I will pass. Im sorry, no little dohicky like that is worth 500 dollars.

I have a 47" Toshiba LCD 47ZV650U with ClearScan 240(to make it seem like I have 240Hz refresh rate),will the VIP Theater work for me?

as long as your tv supports 60hz or 120hz refresh rate then the VIP 3D theater should work for you...best thing to do would be to email them and ask!@

I been rather against 3DTV because of 2 reasons. One, lack of 3D medium out there, and two, lack of quality 3D movies...but if the price comes down on the VIP I might consider getting one. At least it gives me a new toy to think about.:D

Ghpr13:)
Seems alot of talk in the industry says 3D is here to stay, but I'm kina agree with your statement as I've been saying all along it will probably just be a fad and eventually be dropped but only time will tell of course...It seems to be doing well in PS3 market as there are a ton of 3D games.

Seems alot of talk in the industry says 3D is here to stay, but I'm kina agree with your statement as I've been saying all along it will probably just be a fad and eventually be dropped but only time will tell of course...It seems to be doing well in PS3 market as there are a ton of 3D games.

I think that if 3D at home is going to survive, it will be in gaming...Gaming is more of a one on one, even if your playing with others. Once you have the controller in your hands, it's you and the game. Wearing 3D glasses wouldn't interfere as much as when watching a movie at home with others...Of course, those with a dedicated Home Theater might disagree.

Ghpr13:)

My HD3800 FPTV has a serious problem in the bedroom so I moved my HC1500 in there over the weekend, hooked up the VIP Theater last night to it with fairly good results, I can't get the Theater to take the sw update from June that passes surround through though...

Looks like I try the VIP with my HR20 in the Bedroom... the HR20 is not supposed to be3D capable, but I activated whole home today and when I clicked on a 3D program recorded on my HR24 it tells me it is 3D capable, but is not connected to a 3D TV ... Cool :D

I just recently got the 3D VIP Theater from Consignia.ca. After much swearing I was able to watch movies from my Panasonic DMP-BDT310 & using Monstervision Max 3D glasses. As far as the 3D Blu-ray discs go,as long as the picture doesn't fill up the whole screen(like Fright Night 3D),I don't get any distortions in the picture(like a line running parallel in the upper right hand corner & then the picture will distort every now & then). Trying to watch 3D on DTV is just as bad. The little "joystick" on my RF emulator is useless to me right now because I can't get it to do what the instructions says that it is supposed to do. My biggest breakthrough was after discovering that 3D was not going to pass through my receiver,getting a 3D capable 3-way HDMI switch so that I can merge the side by side picture together on the VIP Theater by pressing the button on the front AND discovering that I need to set the 3D viewing mode to side by side after hitting play & BEFORE the movie jumps from 2D to 3D. Although the 3D is nice,I don't get the impression of it jumping out at me,like the little boy in that swing thing whose grandmother releases,like a slingshot,to grab he bag of Doritos from the older boy in the treehouse(or sitting next to me like in those stupid ESPN commercials).