SatelliteGuys is Proud to Present a Look back at a old Friend - HD33 By Optoma Review

I bought an Optoma HD33 early this year and feel it is an excellent projector, especially considering the price.

I wish the glasses had been included, but when I bought it the retailer included one and I bought a second pair.

I would say this on the glasses - they are fragile. I haven't broken them, but they feel very delicate, especially around the hinges. The glasses are a bit heavy due to the battery/electronics, and need to be handled with care. I am very cautious to let my kids use the 3D because of this, which was one of the reasons I bought the projector.

The RF feature is very nice, it syncs automatically and never loses sync. I charge the glasses off the USB port on my Directv receiver, they included a USB cable but did not include a charger that connects to the power port.

I agree with Stuart, for the money it is an excellent 1080p projector, and the 3D is just a bonus at that price.

Jason you are correct, that is one area I wish they would match sony in and have glasses designed for kids...I just got two pairs of Sonys in that are meant for kids and they seem very sturdy and I love the weight to them.

Excellent review! Thank you! I am going to stick it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)