SatelliteGuys Makes The Court Case

Well, I read your rant and I think we all know your opinion of E* and Charlie Ergen. My question is this, why should the networks and the NAB object to (or be harmed by) a third-party providing DNS to legal, qualified subscribers?
Answer is because they are not getting the $100 Million Dollar Payoff and will end up with no gain at all.

Dish is doing what they were told to do, turn of Distants to their customers.

Voyager6 said:
My question is this, why should the networks and the NAB object to (or be harmed by) a third-party providing DNS to legal, qualified subscribers?
Because the party which has the injunction upon it has quite a bit to do with this "new" service.

isn't Stanley Steamer something dirty? oh no wait that's a cleveland steamer ;)

Scott Greczkowski said:
This is not a new service.

Please tell me what you know about NPS Greg.
NPS has been doing C-band authorizations for distant networks for years.

NPS has had zero Ku-band authorizations until today. New service.

Nationwide, I think.
They did a nice job cleaning my townhouse carpets.
Just before the realtor convinced us to replace it all with beige.:(

Just for kicks, posted at another forum...
joblo said:
I called AAD today re DNS. They told me they could not find my phone number in the records. They said E* provided them with records of all of their DNS customers, and since they couldn’t find my name or number on that list, they could not qualify me for DNS.
First come the strings, then come the woodwinds, and then the brass followed by the percussion.

"in active concert".

I agree with everyone about how this is done "legally." However, we all know the intent that's behind this. Everything looks ok on paper. But in the eye of the judge we know that Dishnetwork is trying to get around this by allowing someone else to come in and fill in the gaps that they just opened up. NPS may see some big fines and an injunction and Dishnetwork will probably be guilty of contempt. This whole thing is to create more time to save their customers and to get congress to act before they lose everyone to a contract with D*.

Just for kicks, posted at another forum...First come the strings, then come the woodwinds, and then the brass followed by the percussion.

"in active concert".

If E* did indeed provide those documents then they are definately guilty of acting in conjunction with another company to provide DNS in a non-legal matter that violates the permanent injunction. Not only that but that may also be a violation of customer privacy laws.

Not only that but that may also be a violation of customer privacy laws.
Hurry up, someone, and have their attorney draft a letter to NPS regarding that. Cease and desist !! :D

Did anyone give Dish permission to provide information to 3rd parties ? I know you give up a lot when you sign up.... Does this fall under an "affilliate" company of Dish's ?? Uhhh, it'd better not ! :eek:

I would think by you calling up and wanting to give them you information would give them permission to do a lookup on your info.

I also dont believe they can see your info until you give them the info needed to try pulling it up.

Just for kicks, posted at another forum...First come the strings, then come the woodwinds, and then the brass followed by the percussion.

"in active concert".

Greg why do you want this shut down so much? We know how you feel, but please give it a rest for a while. Apparently people involved with this case are reading these forums, so there's no need to bring up stuff like this.

SF vs Sacramento Locals?

Does E* offer CW HD?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts