Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I was just sent the following Exhibit which was given to the judge this morning, and its is our special Charlie Chat Recap.

(Updated: Added Fridays Docs which talks about SatelliteGuys)

Hello Stanley Steamer, guess we know where your from now huh? ;)

Attachments

• show_case_doc satellite guys.pdf
    493.6 KB · Views: 737
  • Fridays Docs.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 497
Last edited:
Yup CBS filed it. As like I expected they are graping at straws throwing anything they can to the judge hoping that one of them sticks.

Yeah, the judge should be like. "Why did you bring me this PDF full of ads?" Laff, I have never seen the satguys site with all the ads, wow, it's busy.

Looks like they are taking the shotgun approach to this whole thing, just throw alot of stuff at it and see what hits.

Which is exactly what Dish Network did during the appeals process.

Are you still on this kick of anti-charlie or pro-communist NAB?? I respect your opinion and fully understand it, but maybe it's just me, so don't take this personally, but I am reading a very hostile tone in all your posts and it's tirinig.

BTW I am not in anyway affected really by this whole thing other than the CBS-HD feed which I had a waiver for, but not a big deal, I'll live without it.

Oh, I'm not picking on him one bit. He is very much entitled to his opinion, but like I said. He just seems so hostile in the whole thing like he has a heavily vested interest in charlie losing. Maybe I just need to not read the posts for a while. Maybe it's the weather making me cranky. :)

That is great that the site is mentioned. I guess it really does show that this is "the center of the satellite universe" :)

I am only hostile when I am personally attacked for my opinion. The goal of these boards is to help the community.

My opinion is that Dish Network will fight against anything or anyone when it comes to their way of life. Everyone should be looking out for themselves, and Dish Network does that to a T.

How many people might be on a commitment contract, and will now have a hell of a time trying to get out of it as both their distant networks and their distant CBS HD should be gone as of today? Dish Network will now look out for themselves, and try to paint anyone that wishes to leave as "breaking service".

I've been telling everyone that Dish Network would lose CBS HD. I was told, "but that is offered on a separate contract." I told them the contract was a blanket waiver, but then told by the doubters to prove it. I explained how this "contract" was only for zip codes in markets where CBS owned the station, and only for the zip codes that were not in reach of another CBS affiliate's transmission. The whole contract smelled of blanket waiver.

I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong.

No, I wasn't.

So many people here wear the Ergen-colored glasses, and even when presented with the information, refuse to stop staring through those glasses.

I therefore get a little hostile, especially with my track record here.

From what I understand (I could be wrong), it was Dish Networks decission to remove CBS HD, they did not have too.

The issue was now since CBS HD was mainly available to those in CBS O&O Areas which were 16 markets. Dish now carries CBS in HD in the locals package in 12 of the 16. It no longer was making financial sense for Dish to continue offering this service when it was duplicating what most were getting anyways.

Greg, I understand where you are coming from. Like I said you are entitled to your opinion and so are others. Debate is great thing as long as people keep it on topic and don't take it personally.

I don't think I ever attacked you personally, but if you feel that way, I apologize it was not personal, I don't know you well enough to make it personal.

But I will say that there is so much information going around now, it is very hard to keep all the FACTS straight. So you'll have to deal with people who don't have all the info and I am sure that you yourself to not have all the info either. Rember the truth lies somewhere in the middle of two sides arguements. Hopefully between both sides of this arguement, we can all get the facts.

I am only hostile when I am personally attacked for my opinion. The goal of these boards is to help the community.

My opinion is that Dish Network will fight against anything or anyone when it comes to their way of life. Everyone should be looking out for themselves, and Dish Network does that to a T.

How many people might be on a commitment contract, and will now have a hell of a time trying to get out of it as both their distant networks and their distant CBS HD should be gone as of today? Dish Network will now look out for themselves, and try to paint anyone that wishes to leave as "breaking service".

I've been telling everyone that Dish Network would lose CBS HD. I was told, "but that is offered on a separate contract." I told them the contract was a blanket waiver, but then told by the doubters to prove it. I explained how this "contract" was only for zip codes in markets where CBS owned the station, and only for the zip codes that were not in reach of another CBS affiliate's transmission. The whole contract smelled of blanket waiver.

I was wrong. I was wrong. I was wrong.

No, I wasn't.

So many people here wear the Ergen-colored glasses, and even when presented with the information, refuse to stop staring through those glasses.

I therefore get a little hostile, especially with my track record here.
Geeeese Greg, I didn't know you had it in you.:)

I don't blame you one bit - you have every right to get more than a little upset, considering what you put into this group but I think some here are just lashing out because of the situation and being mostly self-centered, tend to kick at anyone that doesn't say what they want to hear.

Ch 9 in New Hampshire

Has anyone heard anything about Ch9 in NH? It was turned on for Grafton and Sullivan counties (Burlington VT DMA) earlier this year as a significantly viewed channel in NH. Today many customers have been shut-off as part of the distant network crackdown.
Does the distant network ruling affect the significantly viewed law? Does anyone have any information - I think my phones will be busy!:eek:

dave@satvidvt said:
Has anyone heard anything about Ch9 in NH? It was turned on for Grafton and Sullivan counties (Burlington VT DMA) earlier this year as a significantly viewed channel in NH. Today many customers have been shut-off as part of the distant network crackdown.
Does the distant network ruling affect the significantly viewed law?
Yes, the distant network ruling also kicked the significantly-viewed channels, as they are on the same license.
Scott Greczkowski said:
From what I understand (I could be wrong), it was Dish Networks decission to remove CBS HD, they did not have too.
Occam's razor, Scott.

For most people, CBS HD was removed before midnight with a court-ordered injunction at the end of the day.

Its people like "greg" that make charlie look like robin hood and make directv and the broadcaters look like the sheriff of notingham!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts