Please reply by conversation.

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
As Scott first reported here on 5/8, the SWM LNB is now rolling to the HSPs for installation in select markets. Here is our Satelliteguys.US Premiere Review: The DirecTV SWM LNB (attached below).

First we discuss the basics of SWM technology, including the SWM-8 multiswitch. With an understanding of SWM basics - we then discuss the SWM LNB makes it very simple to install a slimline dish and use existing coax in most pre-wired homes. Lastly, we give our impressions of the SWM LNB performance.

Our thanks to DirecTV for the opportunity to test and review the LNB, and our supporting pub members for their support! Please enjoy our review and feel free to discuss the technology revolution.

A correction to a typo:
"In early-2008 DirecTV started field testing two brands of a new 5 port LNB with built-in SWM technology, dubbed the SWMline."
Shoud read 8 port LNB.

Attachments

• SWM LNB Review.pdf
    755.8 KB · Views: 15,461
Last edited:
Man. I have an install scheduled in our new house in the Dallas area in early June. I wish I knew if they could install a SWM before I get in the attic and run a 2nd coax line for the DVR!

I am sceduled to get one of these in my install according to in installer it is because i have 2 or more hr21's on my order list...

Man. I have an install scheduled in our new house in the Dallas area in early June. I wish I knew if they could install a SWM before I get in the attic and run a 2nd coax line for the DVR!

I wouldn't be surprised if it quite a while before they are readily available.

I am sceduled to get one of these in my install according to in installer it is because i have 2 or more hr21's on my order list...

Right now I have 1 HR21 and 3 D12s. Maybe I should upgrade one of the D12s to a HR21 before I move! :)

As soon as the SWM LNB is a standard install, I will definitely add 2 more HD DVR's to my house. The rooms I have in mind only allow for 1 coax hookup.

Great news the advanced technology is on it's way!

I have needed one of those several times for my installs. I wish they would had this a long time ago like dish. So many houses are pre-wired with one wire.

Nice Review! Hopefully we see a drop in price fast my buddy is moving into a house and this would make life easy.

For most new installs the price doesn't matter, as DirecTV provides the hardware. Right now the issue is HSPs using through their existing stock and DirecTV ramping up production. The SWM lnb costs more to produce, but is expected to become the norm for advanced installs.

No normally its included with your install.

I can tell you I would LOVE to have one of these LNB's. I am going to need to rewire things soon as we are doing some work to my house, and this would simplify things greatly for me. :)

Any word on if existing customers can get this? I'd love to ditch the dual coax requirement for all of our DVRs.... :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts