SatelliteGuys Premiere Review: The DirecTV SWM LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.
FWIW, I don't think the diplexing part should have been included as it's not supported by DirecTv. Could cause some folks some headaches down the road.

Robert you could be right, But I dont think that it is fully tested yet. I do think it should be included as even though its not offically supported, it still can be done. It gives the user a good undertanding of the limitations of the equipment. I havent read the DBStalk review yet, but the diplexing part should have a warning saying that its not supported and could cause problems down the road.

Lots of unsupported things work, like Media Share on non-Viiv platforms. I think the only issue is that you shouldn't expect CSRs (or some installers) to provide help if there are any problems.

Robert you could be right, But I dont think that it is fully tested yet. I do think it should be included as even though its not offically supported, it still can be done. It gives the user a good undertanding of the limitations of the equipment. I havent read the DBStalk review yet, but the diplexing part should have a warning saying that its not supported and could cause problems down the road.

I'm going by the information that is outlined in the SWM training materials from DirecTv. So, it is what it is. A disclaimer would be a good idea.

To Robert's point; things unsupported may very well work BUT if you have some go terribly wrong and are found to have been operating with such "hacks / unsupported usage" then you may be setting yourself up for some repair or warranty issues; or if a lay-person needs a simple trouble shooting and their system(s) do "act" like others; like the DirecTV tech expects per "resolution" simply because the users are not setup per spec. MORE ISSUES!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts