SatelliteGuys Proposal: FTA Application, Driver Factory File Area or Repository???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Since it would be impractical for a moderator to be able to load and test each submitted file, I would suggest that submitted files be virus scanned then separated and posted into two categories.
1. SatelliteGuy Member Tested
2. Untested

If possible, a rating system should be implemented for members to rate the file and maybe an area to leave a short comment.

A subforum could be available to facilitate discussion threads on the files.

This sounds like a good plan to me. Maybe a warning in this section too stressing the importance of only posting factory firmware, etc.

Hi,

I really need the two files for conasat nano2 if anyone of you has it, my friend just bought a receiver and can not find the files. You can send me the files through my email: lukan@usa.com

Thanks

The more I think on this idea, the better it sounds to me. The necessity for it is very great, but we do have to be cautious.

There cannot be any hackware files posted and there cannot be any malware or viruses so every file must be screened carefully before they are allowed into the area for downloading by members.

This will obviosuly mean more work for the staff. It seems like a daunting task right now, but in the future, it will be extremely beneficial and not so hard to manage.

Stargaze and I were speaking of something just like this yesterday. It is important to have this resource available.

We, as members of this site, are proud of our reputations and would therefore support the honor system regarding the integrity of any posted files, thus reducing the screening duties of the staff members. That should help.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)