SatelliteGuys - Retailer Chat Recap: April 22nd 2008

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Welcome to another SatelliteGuys Retailer Chat Recap!

As always items covered in this recap are items which you could call and find out from your local retailer after the chat is done. We do not report dealer sensitive items such as costs or profits in these recaps, only of interest to YOU the consumer.

This Earth Day edition of the Retailer Chat is expected to have a lot of talk about Team Summit as it is the final sales pitch they can do before Team Summit next month.

The chat recap is done in near realtime. I am watching the chat via a Slingbox and can pause and rewind the video so that I can grab screen captures and replay items where I didn't hear what they were saying.

This thread will be locked until after the first post from the chat is made, then it will be open to all.

Thanks for being a SatelliteGuys and a big THANK YOU to our supporting Pub Members who help us keep the lights on here at SatelliteGuys! NO ONE covers the Satellite Industry like SatelliteGuys!

(Sorry... I am having problems capturing Video Still Shots... only getting black screens so I will need to describe things to you from what I am seeing...)

The show opens with Jim and Tom welcoming us todays show. They say they have a lot to talk about so let's go.

Todays Agenda is as follows...
TEAM SUMMIT
NATIONAL HD PROGRAMMING
LOCAL HD PROGRAMMING
MARKETING UPDATES
TECH NEWS WITH LESLIE HARPER

And in they go giving us the hard sell on Team Summit. I expect this to last for awhile.

Speaking of Team Summit, remember we still have a few spots left for our 2008 SatelliteGuys Meet and Greet at Team Summit in Nashville! Last year Charlie Ergen stopped by and stay an hour and a half! If your interested in attending check out the sign up thread in our operations center forum...

(Still talking about team summit)

Talking about the Tivo Injunction now...

JIm is clearing the air now.
It will have no impact on any current or future Dish Network customers.

All receivers in the field will work the same tomorrow as they do today. No units will get shut down or have their DVR features disabled.

Customers whos 721, 921 942 have issues and need replacement will get a different receiver the 721 owners will get a 522 and 921, 942 that go bad will receive a 622. (This is only for customers whos old unit needs replacement)

Back to Team Summit Talk. :)

HD Talk!

First up talk of CNN HD
Talking about USA HD and SCIFI HD

Jim says more HD is coming but gives no further details (BOO!)

USE HD and SCIFI HD are listed on the graphics as being from 129 and 61.5 (which is wrong as they are coming from 110)

Maybe someone on the call will have the guts to ask why Dish is so secretive about future HD plans when DirecTV gives planned channel launch dates all the time. ;)

Every time I ask ceo@dish or customer service I'm told they can't legally disclose the information. Which I know isn't true since DirecTV gives out the info.

*grin*

Robert

HD Talk!

First up talk of CNN HD

USE HD and SCIFI HD are listed on the graphics as being from 129 and 61.5 (which is wrong as they are coming from 110)

Thats sad when people that run a company don't even know what satellite there programming is on:D:p:)

Now talking about HD Locals and all of them which were launched over the past few weeks.

Scheduled to launch this week for HD Locals are:

Burlington, VT
Greensboro, NC
Greensville, SC
Huntsville, AL
Jackson, MS
Knoxville, TN
Mobile, AL
Providence, RI

Thats now 54 cities with HD locals.

Here are some cities which are scheduled to have HD locals by this summer. Some of them may be here sooner then that but here they are...

Norfolk, VA
Porland, ME
Hartford, CT
Buffalo, NY
Memphis, TN
Abilene, TX
Des Moines, IA
Omaho, NE
Ft. Myers FL
Grand Rapids, MI

Chiller SD launches tomorrow in AT250 on Channel 199.

And thats it for programming now going to Marketing... (I wont bore you with that unless they say something funny) :)

Last edited:
HD Talk!

First up talk of CNN HD

Seems I remember you reporting not too long ago that it was "confirmed" they'd launch Burlington HD LiLs by April 24th? I suppose it's possible I just dreamt it.:)

So Mobile goes live tomorrow in HD, still on 61.5 I presume. I guess a lot of 1000.2 will be getting replaced or augmented around here.

Thats sad when people that run a company don't even know what satellite there programming is on:D:p:)

the people running the company don't and shouldn't care which satellite their channels are on, that's what they pay engineers for. And chances are, an unpaid intern or a low paid secratary made that chart and have even less idea than anyone else.

Oh well. I guess I can go to lunch now. They really have this national HD thing hyped. They only have two more wednesdays to get rolled out all the national HD that they have led us to believe will get here before May 1. I'm not sure Dish has what they need to get it done.

the people running the company don't and shouldn't care which satellite their channels are on, that's what they pay engineers for. And chances are, an unpaid intern or a low paid secratary made that chart and have even less idea than anyone else.

Yes but wouldn't you get the right info before saying something wrong to make you look stupid:D:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)