SatelliteGuys Review: Logitech Revue with GoogleTV – A Diamond in the Rough

...unless they know when they can release it they would be foolish to say anything deginite about the next generation.
If that is true, they run their company very differently than quite a few other companies out there. ;) Premature product announcements are so common, in fact, it has a name: vaporware.

My experience with Honeycomb 3.2 on the Motorola Xoom has me anxiously awaiting the release of the official update of 3.1 for the Revue. 3.2 is so much better than 2.x.x Just need Flash. The Youtube app works and the native Tunny browser can play swf but the new Firefox mobile doesn't. Yet. And being able to sync bookmarks and history on FF is great.

If that is true, they run their company very differently than quite a few other companies out there. ;) Premature product announcements are so common, in fact, it has a name: vaporware.

Of course in this case they DID announce it would happen.

Athis company has always said that they would have a second generation. Since that time the sales have been disappointing and the CEO was forced to leave and they have had to cut the price all the way down to $999 to make the product move. . to me that says that they would either cut their losses or go forward with the already planned second generation. But somehow the rest of you think that disappointing sales means they will try to keep it in their product line even longer-----in spite of their repeated claims they will replace it.

OK. But while you guys can't see my logic I can't see yours.

Last edited:
Thanks. I currently have a Roku, and use Dish less than half the time and am hesitant about increasing monthly costs. My main reason for considering Google TV would be TV link to NFL game rewind.

Last edited:
Athis company has always said that they would have a second generation. Since that time the sales have been disappointing and the CEO was forced to leave and they have had to cut the price all the way down to $999 to make the product move. . to me that says that they would either cut their losses or go forward with the already planned second generation. But somehow the rest of you think that disappointing sales means they will try to keep it in their product line even longer-----in spite of their repeated claims they will replace it.
Have they announced a second generation of the hardware (the Revue) or rather of the software (GoogleTV). Their July 31 presser very clearly attaches the "2" to GoogleTV.

With the price barrier removed, we believe Logitech Revue is the most compelling connected TV offering in the market, especially with the expected release of version 2 of Google TV later this summer. All new and existing Revue users will automatically receive this update, which is built on Android 3.1.

Have they announced a second generation of the hardware (the Revue) or rather of the software (GoogleTV). Their July 31 presser very clearly attaches the "2" to GoogleTV.

They said there would be a second generation of hardware some time ago. Just recently they announced that a Honeycomb OS is coming and they lowered the price ce all the way to the sub $100 level. One poster speculated that they are just clearing out the stock and that it is the beginning of the end. I said it is more likely that the long discusses next generation hardware is coming. Many others think I am wrong and that has led to a discussion on that. .

Just picked up the logitech revue from best buy for $99. I also own the roku. google tv is really fast in finding what I want. Maybe with the new price it will take off. If only the networks would see some potential advertising dollars and let google tv use there content. Roku is great also but more blocky and takes longer to find stuff. My 13 year old used it today and loved watching tv and being on facebook on the big screen. My 16 year old is also enjoying it. They are the true testers of this new tv platform